Easter Chick Card
By LeNae Gerig
Designer Tip: Add some cute and fuzzy texture to this Easter card with flocked papers and flocking the stamped image.
- 5”x 6 ½” blank white card (link)
- Flocked Paper Collection (link)
- Small Easter Chick Stamp (link)
- 15 Lovely Labels Template (link)
- Flock Assortment (link)
- 8x8 Princess Cardstock (link)
- Pretty & Playful Ribbon Set (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Fine point black pen (link)
- Black inkpad (link)
- Glue pad (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- Orange pen or colored pencil
- Place the card fold at the side. Cover the card with blue swirled paper. Mat the long edges of a 3”x 5” strip of striped flocked paper with lime green cardstock, leaving a 1/16” border. Glue 2” from the card top.
- Write “Happy Easter” on yellow cardstock. Trace with the 3 ½” x 4 ¾” Bracket Label and mat with lime cardstock, leaving a 1/16” border. Outline with a dash dot border using the black pen.
- Stamp the center of the label with the Chick in egg stamp. Apply glue to the chick’s cheeks and flock pink. Tap off excess flock. Color the beak orange.
- Stamp the egg portion of the stamp using the glue pad on white cardstock. Flock with aqua blue and tap off the excess flock and return to the jar. Cut out the egg only and foam tape over the black stamped egg. Stamp “chick” in black ink at the bottom right corner. Tie a green bow and glue to the right side of the egg. Glue a folded length of ribbon and glue to the label top black. Glue the label to the card front.
- Inside the card: Mat the left edge of a 2”x6 ½” length of blue swirl flocked paper, with green cardstock, and glue to the right edge of the card inside back.
- Write “You’re a good egg!” on yellow cardstock and trace with the 1 ½”x2 ¾” vintage label. Mat with lime green and outline with the dash dot border. Glue overlapping the border at the top of the card. Glue a green bow to the right of the label.