Mother’s Day card
By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tips: The Silhouettes & Shadows stamps look great when embossed.
- Sunshine & Shadows Paper Pack
- Sunshine & Shadows Ribbon Set
- Silhouettes & Shadows Stamps
- Design Tool Kit #2
- 5”x6 1/2" blank white card
- VersaMark™ ink pad
- Acrylic block
- Detail white embossing powder
- Heat gun
- White cardstock
- Jet Black StazOn® ink pad
- Yellow Ochre Fluid Chalk ink pad
- Small Zots™ adhesive dots
- Cosmetic sponge
- With the fold on the top, cover the card front with gray/yellow tapestry. Place the largest fancy rectangle shape from the Design Tool Kit #2 and place it on the card front with the straight side along the fold. Trace around and cut out. Ink all the edges of the card front using black ink and a cosmetic sponge.
- Cut a Victorian Tag out of white cardstock and turn so the fancy end is on the right. Print a greeting on this end and mat on black pattern, leaving a 1/16” border. Glue to card 1 1/4” from the top and 1/2” from the right.
- Cut a Fancy Label from black pattern and place vertically. Stamp a butterfly in the center with VersaMark™ ink. Sprinkle with white embossing powder and shake off excess. Emboss using a heat tool. Mat on yellow/white with 1/16” borders. Glue 1/4” from the top and 1/2” from the left, overlapping the edge of the greeting shape.
- Tie a small bow from black crepe ribbon and Zot™ to the bottom right of the greeting.
- For the inside: Ink the top edge of 6 1/2”x5” of black/white tapestry and glue to the inside panel. Trim excess and ink the remaining edges. Cut a Fancy Label from white cardstock and ink the edges with a cosmetic sponge. Print an inside greeting on it and mat on yellow/white, leaving a 1/8” border. Stamp a swirl on the top and bottom of the greeting in Yellow Ochre as shown. Glue to the center of the card.