Be Happy Mother’s Day Card
By Gail Booth
Designer’s Tip: So that the layers can easily be removed, lightly attach your cardstock with adhesive before stamping with the Triple Layer technique.
- Picnic Paper Pack
- Picnic Die-Cuts
- Picnic Ribbon Set – navy dotted edged
- 5”x6 1/2” Blank White Card
- Red and Navy Suede Paper
- Serendipity Flowers Stamp Set
- Classic Cardstock - Natural
- Dark Brown Chalk Ink Pad
- Dark Brown Bark Embossing Powder
- VersaMark™ Stamp Pad
- Acrylic Block
- Heat Gun
- Foam Tape
- Fine tip black pen or computer printer
- Font: Allura, 26 pt.
- Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover with dot paper. Mat a 6 1/4”x4 3/4” grey floral paper on red suede with 1/16” borders on upper and left edges and glue even with the lower right corner.
- Emboss “be Happy” in brown on the lower right corner of a 3 1/2”x2” cardstock. Place (do not glue) onto a 4 1/2”x3” cardstock, then onto a 5 1/2”x4” cardstock, keeping 1/4” borders at the lower right corner. For the Triple Layer stamping technique: ink the flower/two scrolls stamp with brown, stamp off onto scrap paper, then stamp the image randomly around the edges and in the center of the cardstock “layers”. Stamp the small flower/scroll image to the left of the sentiment.
- Mat each cardstock piece on navy or red suede (as shown) with 1/16” borders. Glue a length of ribbon 1” from the lower edge of the large piece and tie a small knot at the left. Glue 1/4” from the lower right corner of your card. Foam tape the other cardstock pieces as shown. Ink the edges of a die-cut bee and foam tape as shown.
- For the inside: Cover with floral paper and glue a length of ribbon across the center, tucking ends under the paper.
- Stamp the flower/two scrolls on opposite corners of a 3 1/2”x4” cardstock and emboss the three small words as shown. Mat on red suede with a 1/16” border, then on dot with a 1/4” border, then on navy suede with a 1/16” border and glue in place, 1/8” from the left edge.
- Journal “Happy Mother’s Day” on a 3”x1/2” cardstock, mat on navy with a 1/16” border and foam tape as shown. Ink the edges of a die-cut bee and foam tape onto the ribbon.