By Laura Nicholas
Journaling stamps have tons of great uses—including perfect party invitations! Just use the journaling lines and word stamps to include a place for the date, time and location of an event on your own unique invitation design. Laura did just that on this invitation, cutting a window in the card front and using the cut portion as a place to stamp the party information. For added dimension, Laura glued the stamped details to the inside of the card and framed them with the window.
- Bohemian sarapapers™
- Bohemian Embellish-abilities™
- Journaling Acrylic Stamps
- 2”x6” Acrylic Block
- StazOn® Timber Brown ink pad
- Glue stick
- Small Zots™
- X-acto® knife, cutting mat
- Black pen
- Cut a 6 1/2” x 5” piece of brown, teal and green striped paper with the stripes aligned vertically. Cut a 1 1/2” x 5” strip of blue textured paper and glue even with the left edge of the striped paper. Ink the edges brown.
- Wrap brown grosgrain ribbon around the seam of the two papers and secure the ends behind the paper. Add two green mini brads to the bottom of the ribbon length.
- Thread a thin strip of striped paper through a green pearl button and use a Zot™ to adhere to the center of large white silk flower. Use Zots™ to add the flower over the ribbon length, near the top of the paper. Print “party” onto a small brown tag and tuck under the edge of the button, using a Zot™ to adhere.
- Cut a 4 1/4” x 3” rectangle of green textured paper and ink the edges. Peel the left arrow stamp from the sheet, add it to the acrylic block then ink and stamp on the left side of the green textured rectangle. Repeat with the right arrow stamp. Glue 1/4” from the bottom of the striped paper, on the right side. With the card fold at the top, glue the striped paper to the card front.
- Cut a 2 1/2” x 1 3/4” rectangle of blue textured paper and ink the edges. Glue between the stamped arrows on the green textured rectangle. Open the card front face up onto a cutting mat and use a ruler and X-acto® knife to trim away all but a 1/16” frame of the blue textured paper.
- Inside the card: Cut a 6 1/2” x 5” piece of striped paper (with stripes aligned vertically) and a 1” x 5” piece of blue textured paper. Ink the edges and glue the blue textured paper even with the right edge of the striped paper.
- Wrap the seam of the two papers with brown grosgrain ribbon and secure ends behind the paper. Glue to the inside of the card.
- Take the blue textured rectangle that was cut out from the card front and turn over. Place the wide journaling lines stamp onto the acrylic block, ink and stamp centered on the white rectangle. Stamp “You’re invited” between the top two lines, then stamp “Date:”, “Time:” and “Location” onto the next lines as shown. Add the party information with a black pen. Ink the edges and mat with green textured paper, then ink the edges again. Glue the journaling inside the card, making sure it lines up inside the window on the card front.
- Thread a small strip of striped paper through a green pearl button and adhere to small white silk flower with Zots™. Attach the flower to the ribbon near the top of the card with Zots™, then tie a small bow and use Zots™ to add to the bottom of the ribbon length.