By Laura Nicholas
Laura's Designer Tip: Stamp the images with clear embossing ink and add embossing powder for added color. Cut out the stamped image and add to the center of the flower with foam tape to mix the colors and have a double layer. Ink the edges with embossing ink and add embossing powder for a distressed edge.
- 8x8 Friendship papers
- Cardmaker’s ribbons, Citrus
- Silhouettes and Shadows stamps
- Top Boss embossing ink pad
- Emerald and Gold Embossing powders
- Acrylic block
- Glue stick
- Foam tape
- Glue dots
- Trim diamond paper to 5 x 6 ½ inches. Trim striped paper to 1 ½ x 5 ½ inches and glue to the right edge of the diamond paper.
- Stamp flower and swirl stamp onto blue paper and emboss with emerald powder. Set with a heat gun.
- Stamp small flowers onto yellow texture paper and emboss with gold powder. Cut out the flowers. Foam tape one to the center of the flower.
- Stamp butterflies around the flower and emboss with gold powder.
- Trim and emboss the edges with gold powder. Mat with green paper and glue along the edge of the yellow striped paper.
- Cover seams with yellow ribbon tucking the ends under the paper. Glue dot a bow to the ribbon. Print greeting onto blue paper and trim into a strip. Emboss the edges and mat with green paper. Glue across the tag and emboss the edges. Tuck under the bow and foam tape and small embossed flower.
- Emboss the edges of the diamond paper and the word blocks.
- Glue to the front of the card.
- Trim 3 ½ inch strip of diamond paper and edge with striped paper. Emboss edges and cover seam with ribbon and glue dot a bow. Emboss edges of greeting and word block. Mat greeting with green and glue to diamond strip. Foam tape small flowers next to the greeting.
- Glue inside the card