Happiness Day Box
By LeNae Gerig
This project involves 3 stamping techniques: embossing, stippling and using metallic colored pens. Metallic pens work great with embossed images because the solvent in the pens does not run the black embossed image like an ink stamped image would.
- Far East Stamps (link)
- Sara’s Surfaces Take Out Box (link)
- Susan’s Tags Template (link)
- Black embossing powder (link)
- Versamark Water Mark Stamp Pad (link)
- Pastel Organdy Swirl Ribbon set (link)
- White and lavender cardstock
- Memento Ink Pads: Bahama blue (link) and Bamboo leaves (link)
- Metallic Pens: lavender, blue and teal (link)
- Stipple brush (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- Heat gun (link)
- 1/8” wide hole punch (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Self adhesive notes
- Place the unassembled box flat on your work surface. Use self-adhesive notes to mask off the top and bottom flaps so that you don’t accidentally stamp on them. Place the Asian writing border stamp on the acrylic block and apply the Water Mark stamp pad. Stamp the clear images across one side of the box at a time. After each section, sprinkle with black embossing powder, tap off the excess powder and return to the jar. Heat with the gun.
- Repeat for the remaining box sides. Randomly stamp the word “love” and Asian symbol on one of the box flaps and emboss.
- Tap the stipple brush onto the blue inkpad and then pounce onto the surface on the box sides, at the bottom and along the top, including the handles. Apply green ink to the center of the box and the flaps. Let the ink dry. You may want to heat lightly with heat gun to speed drying time. Assemble the box.
- Stamp the “Everlasting Happiness” stamp and a butterfly onto white cardstock. Emboss. Cut the “Happiness” stamp into a 1 7/8” square and ink the edges black. Stipple green to the round image at the center and blue over the surface. Color the flowers blue and lavender. Foam tape the square to a 2” square of lavender cardstock. Glue to the box front. Color the butterfly with the pens and cut out. Glue to the top right corner of the box top.
- Print “Happy Mother’s Day” onto lavender cardstock and trace with the Tags template. Cut out, ink the edges black and punch a hole at the top. Thread with ribbon and tie a bow to the box handle.