Our Baby Keepsakes Portfolio
By Laura Nicholas
Use this portfolio to store cards, photos, memorabilia and small keepsakes for your little one.
Laura's Designer Tip: Repeat small border stamp across the portfolio along the edge of the paper strips.
- Little Prints & Patterns papers
- Sara Surfaces, 8 ½"x11 portfolio
- Pastel Brad Pack
- Small stamps: Elephant, Giraffe and Bear
- Staz-on ink pad, Timber Brown
- Foam tape
- Pastel ribbons
- Colored pencils
- White embroidery floss
- Computer font, Apple Chancery
- Cover the flap of the portfolio with striped paper.
- Cut a 1½" strip of striped paper and ¼" strip of purple texture paper. Glue the striped strip across the bottom of the portfolio and add the small purple strip along the edge. Wrap ribbon across the striped strip and tuck ends inside the folder. Glue dot a bow to the ribbon. Add brads to the ends of the ribbon and glue the sides of the portfolio.
- For the back of the portfolio, glue strips of striped paper leaving a 2" strip of white space. Add ¼" strips of purple paper to the edges of the striped papers. Repeat the small heart border stamp along the edges of the purple strips on both the front and the back of the portfolio.
- Stamp larger images across the large white space of the front of the portfolio. Add words and smaller images like stars and diaper pins around the images.
- Stamp buttons onto white cardstock and cut out. Color the images with colored pencils. Foam tape buttons to ¾" squares of white cardstock and mat with 1" squares of purple paper. Add pen stitching to the squares and glue to the flap and the front of the portfolio. Wrap around the buttons with floss to work as a closure.
- Print journaling onto small tag and add a brad. Glue to the ribbon across the bottom of the portfolio.