Father’s day card
By LeNae Gerig
Overlapping images is an important detail in creating a collage. Overlapping stamps can be tricky for a beginner, but this collage stamp set has already layered the images for you (mixing small and large gears and gears in tree branches). Adding real gears adds interest and authenticity.
- 5”x 6 ½” blank white card (link)
- Masculine Collage Stamp set (link)
- Time for Fun Paper Pack + download tags (link)
- Time For Fun Ribbon Set (link)
- 15 Lovely Labels Template (link)
- Tim Holtz Metal Sprocket Gears (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- Brown inkpad (link)
- Brown cardstock (link)
- Place the card fold on the side. Cover the card with brown cardstock. Ink the edges of a 43/8”x6” rectangle of tan grid paper. Stamp the large gear to the cards lower left. Glue blue dot ribbon across the card, 1¾” from the bottom edge.
- Trace a 3½”x4¾” bracket label onto gold dots paper. Ink the edges brown and stamp the tree to extend off the right edge. Stamp a portion of the large gear on the left edge. Stamp “Celebrate Dad” to the left of the tree. Glue the metal gears overlapping the large stamped gear and tree on the label.
- Trim the right edge of the bracket away and mat the remaining 3 curved sides with brown cardstock. Glue the bracket flush with the right side of the card, covering the ribbon border. Top the border with a blue dot bow.
- Inside: Mask off the left side of the card inside back. Stamp a large gear to the top right corner of the inside back. Write “Happy Father’s Day” on the tag download and glue overlapping the gear. Top with a knotted length of ribbon.