Mom & Me Album
By Ann Bernklau
Ann's Designer Tip:
- Tacky glue works well for gluing flowers onto the binding posts. Remember to let them dry completely before handling.
- Glue embellishments only onto the flat head of the posts so you will still be able to screw/unscrew them from the other end.
- StazOn ink works best for stamping on photos or other slick/glossy surfaces.
- Edges & Borders stamps
- 8x8 Sara’s Surfaces album
- 8x8 Retro Papers
- Pink Pearl Thickers
- Pretty Creative Pack
- Pretty Ribbons
- Timber Brown StazOn inkpad
- Foam tape
- Acrylic block
- Rounded Corner Chomper
- Tacky glue
- Ink the entire album surface with Timber Brown StazOn, using the inkpad directly on the cover. Top row: Cut a 2 ½”x2” piece of green polka dot and stamp swirls along the left and right edges. Round corners. Glue to cover, ¼” from top and 1 ½” from the left. Cut out a small square flower tag and foam tape to the green dot piece. Cut a 2” square of green/pink stripe. With the stripes vertical, stamp swirls along bottom edge, round corners, and glue ¼” to the right of the green dot piece. Tie a bow from 9” of green grosgrain ribbon and glue centered to square. Take a 3 ½”x2” photo, round corners, stamp swirls on bottom and right edges, and glue to album ¼” from the top and right edges.
- Middle row: Cut a 4 ¾”x2 ½” piece of brown paper, round edges, stamp swirls along bottom, and glue to album 1 ½” from the left and ¼” below the green dot piece. Use the Thickers to spell out “mom & me.” Cut a 3 ½”x2 ½” piece of pink squares paper, and round corners. Stamp all edges with dot/icicle stamp and glue to album ¼” from the right edge and top photo. Cut out pink circle tag and write/print “happy together” on it. Cut 2 ¼” of green ribbon, fold in half, and attach to side of tag with a pink mini-brad. Foam tape tag to center of pink piece.
- Bottom row: Take a 2”x3 ½” photo, stamp swirls along left edge, round corners, and glue to cover 1 ½” from the left and ¼” from the bottom. Cut a 2”x3 ½” piece of pink squares paper, stamp swirls along the edges, round corners, and glue to cover, ¼” from the neighboring photo and ¼ from the bottom. Cut out a large pink/green/brown tag and write/print a name on it. Tie 3 ½” of pink ribbon in a loose knot and attach to top of tag with a green brad. Foam tape tag centered on the pink piece. Cut a 3 ½” square from the brown/floral paper, with the floral border along the bottom. Round corners and glue to cover ¼” from the right and bottom. Take a 2 ½”x3 ¼” photo, stamp bottom and left sides with dot/icicle stamp, round corners, and glue to brown floral piece, 1/8” from the right and top of the brown piece.
- Binding: Remove binding posts. Cut two 1 ½” pieces of green grosgrain ribbon and glue above and below the binding holes. Glue 5” of green ribbon between the holes. Insert the posts with the flat parts on top and bind the album. Insert an ivory brad into a pink fabric flower and glue to the top post. Insert a pink brad into a green flower and glue to the ribbon stripe, ¼” below the top post. Insert a green brad into an ivory flower and glue to the bottom post. Let dry.