One of a Kind Belle Card
By: Gail Booth
Technique: Selective Embossing – Highlight specific areas for embossing by using a VersaMarker™ on the chosen areas instead of using a stamp. Already stamped images can be highlighted with this technique as well.
Designer Tip: Cut a scroll die-cut in half to make it appear longer when foam taped under a label.
- Disney Princess 6”x6” Paper Pack
- Disney Princess Die-Cuts
- 5”x6 1/2” Blank White Card
- Moka Suede Paper
- Heart to Heart Stamp Set
- Blue Encrusted Jewels Kit
- White Super Fine Embossing Powder
- Clear Super Fine Embossing Powder
- VersaMark™ Stamp Pad
- VersaMarker™ Watermark Pen
- Acrylic Block
- Foam Tape
- Zots™ adhesive dots
- Glue Stick
- Heat Gun
- Card front: Tear out the four “Belle” and “Mrs. Potts” papers from the Disney Princess Paper Pack and use only these papers for your card.
- Place your card with the fold on the left. Cut two 5”x1/2” Disney Princess yellow papers and glue even with the top and bottom edges. Place a Disney Princess “Belle” paper even with the fold, centered vertically, keeping “Belle” at the top right corner (she will be upside down, and will eventually be covered by a die-cut). Trim even with the right side.
- Pop out the large Belle/Doily die-cut, the Belle/heart label, two red scrolls and two sparkly rose die-cuts. Remove paper nibs with your fingernail
- Use the VersaMarker™ to mark over parts of Belle’s dress, the scrollwork behind her and her earring. Dust with clear embossing powder and set with the heat gun. Dust again with Silver Halo glitter (from the Encrusted Jewels Kit) and heat set again from underneath the die-cut. Mark the small blue areas on the doily and on Belle’s headband (as shown). Dust with Royal Blue embossing tinsel and heat set. Place Royal Blue glass glitter on the headband and heat set again from underneath.
- Mat the large die-cut on Moka suede with a 1/8” border and glue onto your card, as shown.
- Use the VersaMarker™ on the edges of the scroll die-cuts, dust with embossing tinsel and heat set. Mark the petal edges on both rose die-cuts, dust with clear powder and heat set. Dust all the die cuts again with silver glitter and heat set again from underneath.
- Stamp “You are one OF A KIND” on a 2 1/4”x3/4” Disney Princess brown paper with VersaMark™, dust with white powder and heat set. Mark the edges of “You” and “one”, dust with silver glitter and heat set from underneath. Mat on Disney Princess yellow paper, then on suede with 1/16” borders and foam tape as shown.
- Cut a scroll die-cut in half and foam tape around the greeting, as shown. Foam tape the small rose as shown.
- Card inside: Cut two 5”x1/2” Disney Princess yellow papers and glue even with the top and bottom edges. Glue a 5”x6” Disney Princess “Mrs. Potts” paper centered vertically, keeping the character artwork even with the right side.
- Stamp “My kind” on the heart label die-cut with VersaMark™, dust with embossing tinsel and heat set. Mark the edges of “My”, dust with silver glitter and heat set from underneath. Mark the upper edges of the heart, dust with Shabby Blue embossing enamel and heat set from underneath. Mat the die-cut on suede, then on Disney Princess blue paper with 1/16” borders and foam tape as shown.
- Foam tape the remaining scroll and rose die-cuts as shown.