By Susan Cobb
Susan's Designer Tip: Mix and match the stamps with computer journaling to create your own custom message.
- 8x8 Birthday Papers
- 8x8 Cardstock for Birthday
- Classic Creative Kit
- Expressions Stamp Set
- Acrylic block
- Black ink pad
- Colored pencils
- Black pen (computer printer optional)
- 5" x 6 1/2" blank white card
- X-acto® knife, cutting mat
- font: Gasoline Alley
- To create the "S" fold: Open the card out flat onto your cutting mat. Use the ruler and back (dull side of the blade) of your knife to score a line down the center of the left panel of the open card. Fold the scored line to create a folded flap on the front, aligning the edges with the original card fold.
- Cover the front flap with red/orange/pink birthday words paper, trimming edges evenly with the flap. Cover the inside with yellow/orange/pink/red dots paper. Cut striped/rick-rack border from other birthday paper and glue along the bottom of the card front and inside, trimming edges evenly. Ink all edges.
- Cut a 3 3/4"x1 1/4" yellow cardstock rectangle. Stamp "Celebrate" on the center. Ink edges and let dry. Mat on dark pink cardstock leaving a 1/4" border. Mat again on black cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border. Use the "lovely pink" and "red kiss" pencils to color in the outlined letters of the stamped image, alternating colors. Use the red pencil lightly to create the orange color, and heavily to create the red color. Add black arrow brad to lower corner of the matted word. Glue the left side of plaque to the center of the left front flap, so it overlaps the dots paper on the inside. Zot white flowers with red brads overlapping the word plaque as shown.
- Cut a 3"x1 1/4" yellow cardstock rectangle and ink the edges. Mat on dark pink cardstock, leaving a 1/4" border, then mat on black, leaving a 1/16" border. Stamp "best wishes" on dark pink paper ribbon, "happy" on orange paper ribbon, and "birthday" on pink paper ribbon. Write or computer print remaining words, repeating the 3 colors of paper ribbon. Trim each and ink edges, then arrange on yellow cardstock rectangle and glue in place. Ink the edges of "Let's Party" and glue across upper left corner. Attach a black arrow brad to upper left corner. Glue the plaque centered on the inside, beneath the "celebrate" plaque on the front.