Birthday Smiles Card
By: Gail Booth
Technique: Stamping With Gelatos – Color your stamp with Gelatos then a spritz of water before stamping to create a colorful painted look.
Designer Tip: Off stamp the green vine on scrap paper before stamping over “Happy Birthday” on the inside of your card, to get a muted look.
- North Country Paper Pack
- North Country Ribbon Set - 1 1/2” crème crepe, 1/2” orange sheer swirl
- Gold Nature’s Touch Scrapbooking Dazzles™
- Gold Ripple Holographic Paper
- Wildflowers Stamp Set
- Birthday Greetings Stamp Set
- 5”x6 1/2” Blank White Card
- White Cardstock
- Yellow Gelatos Set
- Mowed Lawn Distress Ink Pad
- Acrylic Block
- Foam Tape
- Zots™ adhesive dots
- Glue Stick
- Water Spritzer
- Baby Wipes
- Card front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover with North Country green fern paper. Ink the edges green. Place a bracken fern Dazzles™ on the left and trim the edges at the card fold, as shown.
- Place a Scroll Border Dazzles™ on a 5”x1 1/14” North Country orange fern paper, mat on Gold Ripple Holographic with 1/16” borders on the long edges and foam tape as shown.
- Cut a 5”x5” white cardstock and place on scrap paper. Beginning at the top, color the top third of the cardstock with Lemon Gelato. Color the next third with Mango Gelato, overlapping the Lemon a bit. Color the bottom with Tangerine Gelato, overlapping the Mango a bit. Blend the sections with a baby wipe, using a clean section of the wipe for each color. When dry, cut 1” off of the right side and set aside for the inside of your card.
- Stamping With Gelatos: Place the large vine stamp on your block and color directly onto the vine with Tangerine Gelato. Color the vine ends with Mango Gelato, and the leaves with Lemon Gelato. Lightly spritz the stamp once with water and stamp on the left of the cardstock, as shown. Use the same method to stamp two dragonflies, a small scroll and small dots, as shown. Let dry.
- Stamp “Count your life by SMILES…” with Distress ink, as shown. Cut the piece to 3 3/8”x4”. Mat on North Country green fern paper, then on Gold Ripple Holographic with 1/16” borders and foam tape in place. Zot™ on a large crème crepe bow, cutting the ends in a “v”.
- Card inside: Ink the edges of a 4 1/2”x6” North Country orange fern paper and stamp the large vine at the bottom in green, as shown. Glue on your card center.
- Use the Gelatos stamping technique to stamp “Happy Birthday” on a 3 1/4”x1” white cardstock. Over stamp the image with the large vine stamp in green. Mat on North Country green fern paper, then on Gold Ripple Holographic with 1/16” borders. Foam tape over the stamped vine on the orange fern paper.
- Cut the saved gelato treated cardstock strip to 2 1/4”x1” and stamp “Count your age by FRIENDS…” in green. Mat on North Country green fern paper with a 1/16” border and glue over a Scroll Dazzles™, as shown. Zot™ on a knot of orange sheer swirl ribbon, cutting ends in a “v”.