Fall Sweet Tweet
By Laura Nicholas
Laura's Designer Tip: Add color to stamped images with colored pencils. Add eggs to the bird’s nest by cutting out the eggs from the nest stamp and gluing to the larger stamped image.
- 8x8 4 Seasons papers
- Autumn Brad Pack
- Cardmaker’s Ribbons, Earth’s Palette
- Sweet Tweets stamps
- Staz-on ink pad, Timber Brown
- Foam tape
- Brown and ivory cardstock
- Colored pencils
- Black pen
- Computer font, Apple Chancery
- Place fold of the card at the top.
- Cut the orange word border paper to 4 ¾"x6 ¼" and mat with brown cardstock. Stamp the birdhouse image and chain border stamp on the right side. Add the word stamps at the bottom and continue the chain border. Stamp another flying bird at the top of the strip. Color the house with colored pencils and outline the bird and house with black pen.
- Cut a 2 ½"x4" plaid paper and glue across the word paper. Cover the seam of the papers with brown ribbon tucking the ends behind the paper. Add mini brads to the corners of the word paper and add labels overlapping the ribbon and plaid paper. Glue to the front of the card.
- Cut the dark orange texture paper to 2 ½ x 4 ¾ inches and stamp the large bird nest. Trim and ink the edges. Mat with brown cardstock and add stitching around the edges. Foam tape to the center of the plaid paper with the fall tab.
- Stamp nest stamp and cut out the egss. Color and glue into the nest. Outline with pen.
- Inside the card: Cut a 4 ½"x6" word border paper and mat with brown cardstock. Cut a 2 ½" strip of leaf border paper and glue to the left edge of the word border paper. Add mini brads to the corners and wrap the seam with ribbon. Stamp the bird on the word paper and color the wings with colored pencils.
- Stamp the tags and add journaling. Tuck into the folder and add label with mini brads. Glue inside the card.