"Just for You" Card
By LeNae Gerig
Designer Tips: To get a straight edge when stamping across the card center, first use the ruler and then draw a line with pencil. Stamping borders before gluing the paper strip between them allows for pencil lines that will not be shown and you don’t run the risk of stamping onto the edge of the lighter paper.
- Lacy Paper Pack (link)
- Lace & Doilies Stamp Set (link)
- Expressions Stamp Set (link)
- Color Box Chalk ink Deep Lagoon (link)
- Red/white bakers twine (link)
- White cardstock (link)
- Zots Adhesive Dots™ (link)
- 5”x 6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- Pencil and ruler
- 2 small red buttons
- Place the card fold on the side. Cover the card front with red tone on tone patterned paper. Stamp a small lace border 5/8” from the top edge of the card with the scallops facing up. Stamp a larger scallop border 3 1/2” from the top, with the scallops facing down.
- Cut pink flower paper to the width of the area between the 2 borders, about 2 3/4” and glue between the borders. Trim the paper even with the card edges. Stamp the lace border along the bottom edge of the card with scallops facing up. Stamp “just for you” to above and to the right.
- Stamp the large Doily onto white and cut out the image. Cut out a large red flower from the pink patterned paper and foam tape to the doily center. Thread a small button with twine and tie a bow. Glue the bow to the pink flower center.
- Inside back: Stamp a lace border across the card inside back 1 1/2” from the top. Glue blue doily paper across the top and stamp “happy birthday!” at the center. Thread the small button with twine. Knot and trim the ends to 3/8”. Glue to the right side of the stamped border.