Christmas Card Embossing
By LeNae Gerig
LeNae's Designer Tip: Use caution when working with vellum and a heat gun, if you get too close to the vellum it can warp.
- Cardmaker's Christmas Creative Pack
- Christmas Art Acrylic Stamps
- Acrylic block
- Champagne/gold embossing powder
- Embossing pad
- Heat gun
- Glue dot
- 5"x6 ½” blank white card
- 3/8” wide red grosgrain ribbon
- Place the card fold at the left. Cover the card with red glimmer paper. Glue a 4 ¾”x6 ¼” rectangle of holly paper to the center.
- Cut a 3”x5” rectangle of white vellum and tear ½” from the bottom edge. Stamp the holly leaf “Merry Christmas” onto the embossing pad and then onto the top portion of the vellum. Sprinkle with gold embossing powder. Shake off excess and pour back into jar. Use the heat gun to melt the powder.
- Attach the vellum to the card center using a glue dot at the top and cover with a red bow. Secure the lower portion with another glue dot and cover with a 1 ¼” wide green glimmer paper border embossed with “cheer” stamps.
- Inside the card: Glue a 2 5/8” wide strip of green holly paper to the inside back, to the right of the fold. Glue a ¾” wide strip of red glimmer paper down the center. Emboss “celebrate” stamped on a small green tag and glue to the top of the red strip. Top the tag with a knotted length of red ribbon.