Trick or Treat - only Treats
By Laura Nicholas
Laura's Designer Tips: Stamp the labels onto colored papers and cut out the centers. Print text onto a different color paper and glue the label over the paper to create a two-colored label. Fold the sides of the surface to create a box instead of a folder.
- Finished in a Flash, Halloween (link)
- Made by Me labels stamps (link)
- Staz-on Ink pad, black (link)
- Zots™ (link)
- X-acto knife (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- 8x8 portfolio, Sara Surfaces (link)
- Century Gothic - computer font
- Cut three ¾” strips of orange striped paper and ink the edges. Glue to the sides of the surface when folded into a box. Cover the flap with plaid border and orange striped paper. Trim flush around the flap. Cover remaining top of the surface with black texture paper. Trim flush around the edges.
- Glue black ribbon along the flap separating the border from the stripe. Trim ends flush to the flap. Zot™ a bow to the ribbon. Glue a piece of “Trick or Treat” punch-out border across the flap and trim ends flush to the surface.
- Stamp an oval label on purple paper and cut out the center with an x-acto knife. Back with green paper and add a bat brad. Foam tape to the ribbon.
- Stamp labels onto orange, green and purple papers. Using an x-acto knife, trim out the centers of the labels and cut out around the outside edges. Print journaling onto green and orange papers and glue the label frames around the journaling.
- Foam tape punch-outs and labels on the large flap of the surface. Add mini brads to the arrows and shaped brads to the Haunted House punch-out. Use a sharpie to add black for the eyes on the ghost brads.
- Back the jack-o-lantern Brad Buddie™ with yellow cardstock and foam tape to the surface. Zot™ knots of ribbon and candy punch-outs around the labels.
- Ink the edges and fill the box with Halloween treats.