By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Vellum is perfect when you want a translucent look for your stamped images. I stamped the images on vellum with StāzOn® ink, because it dries quickly and completely on vellum. For a touch of sparkle, I added a small amount of Stickles (don’t add too much, or it might buckle the vellum as it dries) to the centers of the stamped buttons and some of the images on vellum.
- Home Grown Paper Pack
- Home Grown Ribbon set
- Well Preserved Stamp Set
- Acrylic block
- Vellum Hearts paper
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card
- Solid red cardstock
- Jet Black StāzOn® ink pad
- Christmas Red Stickles
- Foam tape
- Zots™ adhesive
- black pen or computer printer
- font: Copperplate
- Trim your card to a 5” square, then place with the told at the left. Cover the card front with teal tiny labels paper. Glue a 3 1/2"x5” section of striped paper across the card front, 1/4" from the bottom. Ink the edges black.
- Stamp the jar image on vellum hearts paper. Stamp “Filled with” centered 2 1/4" from the bottom of the jar with black ink. Stamp “love”, “Joy”, and “delight” below “Filled with”, then stamp the tiny heart image between the words. Stamp the jar image on teal large labels paper. Cut out the lid and glue in place over the lid on the vellum jar. Stamp the ruffle image on yellow flowers/red gingham striped paper, then cut it out. Foam tape the ruffle in place over the neck of the vellum jar. Wrap brown/cream stitched grosgrain ribbon around the lid above the ruffle and tie in a knot. Place on the right side of the card front but don’t glue in place yet.
- Write or computer print “Hope your birthday is” on red cardstock. Stamp the scalloped oval label image over the words so they are centered inside the shape. Trim around the edges and glue to the upper left side of the card front. Glue the jar in place, overlapping the right edge of the label. Wrap the fold of the card with brown/cream ribbon and tie a knot 1 3/4" from the bottom.
- Stamp several buttons on patterned papers, red cardstock, and vellum then cut them out. Arrange on the words label, and on or near ribbons as shown.
- For the inside—Glue a 5”x3 1/2" section of striped paper centered across the inside. Stamp the 3” scalloped circle image on vellum and cut it out. Stamp the “Sweet treats” image on red cardstock. Stamp the 2 1/4" lace circle image on the red cardstock with “Sweet treats” centered inside the circle. Write or computer print “and” above “Sweet”. Cut out the circle and glue it centered on the vellum stamped scalloped circle. Glue centered over the striped paper. Stamp buttons on patterned papers as you did for step #4 and cut them out. Glue overlapping below “treats” as shown.
- Add small amounts of Stickles to the holes in the buttons or at the center of the swirl buttons. Add Stickles to the ends of the “Filled with” image, using your knife to spread it to fill the space. Repeat for some of the swirls on the vellum scalloped circle and buttons on the inside. Stand the card open to allow the Stickles to dry. When dry, Zot knotted ribbon to the inside as shown.