Jolly! Jolly! Card
By: Gail Booth
Technique: Ombre Stamping – Achieve a loose ombre effect (shaded graduation of tones as in a sunset) by choosing several inks of similar color and overlapping your stamped images. More ink shades will produce a truer ombre effect, fewer shades will make a less obvious ombre effect.
Designer Tip: Mask the “Tis the season to be” portion of the greeting stamp with tape before stamping “Jolly!” on your card front (ink the stamp, then remove the tape before stamping). You can also cut the greeting stamp in two pieces to use separately, then place them together on your acrylic block for the full greeting.
- Fresh Frost 6x6 Paper Pack (link)
- Silver Snowflakes Holographic Paper (link)
- Small Happy Elf Stamp (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” Blank White Card (link)
- 3 Pack Snowflake Dazzles™ (link)
- Snowflakes Embossing Folder (link)
- Acrylic Block (link)
- White Cardstock (link)
- Red Glitter Stickles (link)
- Fluid Chalk Ink Pads – Azurite (link), Blue Lagoon (link), Sea Crystal (link)
- Black Super Fine Embossing Powder (link)
- VersaMark™ Ink Pad (link)
- Foam Tape (link)
- Glue Stick (link)
- Heat Gun (link)
- Die Cutting/Embossing Machine (link)
- Card front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover with Fresh Frost dark blue snowflake paper.
- Emboss a 3 7/8”x5 1/2” Fresh Frost medium blue snowflake paper with the embossing folder. Swipe the raised embossed snowflakes with the Blue Lagoon ink pad, let dry, mat on Silver Snowflakes Holographic paper with a 1/16” border and glue on your card center.
- Ombre Stamping: Stamp the elf with Azurite off the left edge of a 4 3/4”x2 1/4” white cardstock, as shown. Stamp again to the right with Sea Crystal, overlapping as shown. Stamp a third time to the right with Blue Lagoon, as shown. Stamp the last image on the right with VersaMark™, dust with Black Embossing Powder and set with the heat gun. Mat your piece on Silver Snowflake Holographic paper with a 1/16” border on all sides, but the left, then on Fresh Frost blue stripe paper with a 1/8” border.
- Foam tape your matted strip even with the left side, 1 1/8” from the bottom edge. Cut several medium sized Snowflake Dazzles™ in half and place under the matted strip, as shown. Trim the snowflakes even with the left side. Use Red Glitter Stickles on the embossed elf, as shown, and let dry.
- Use the masking technique described in the “Designer Tip” to stamp “Jolly!” across a 3 1/4”x5/8” white cardstock in the same way as the elf stamping, but do not overlap the greetings. Emboss the last “Jolly!” in black, on the right. Cut a “V” in the right end, mat on Silver Snowflake Holographic paper with a 1/16” border and foam tape over a snowflake, even with the left side, 5/8” from the top edge. Trim the snowflake even with the left side.
- Card inside: Place scrap paper along the fold of your card, covering the left panel. Stamp the elf along the fold, with the candy cane going over the fold (onto the scrap paper). Stamp with Azurite at the top, Sea Crystal in the middle and Blue Lagoon at the bottom (going off the edge of your card).
- Mat a 1/4”x6 1/2” Fresh Frost blue stripe paper on Silver Snowflake Holographic paper with a 1/16” border on the right side and glue on the fold. Back a medium Silver Pearl Snowflake Dazzles™ on Fresh Frost dark blue snowflake paper, stack with another Dazzles™, place Blue Dazzles™ dots as shown and use Red Glitter Stickles as shown. Let dry.
- Emboss “Tis the Season to be Jolly!” in black on a 1 3/4”x5/8” white cardstock, cut a “V” in the right end, mat on Fresh Frost dark blue snowflake paper with a 1/16” border and foam tape over the snowflake.