By LeNae Gerig
LeNae's Designer Tip: Add color to your stamped image, by using colored pencils to add “spot” color on the “Merry Christmas” stamp at the bottom of the card.
- Cardmaker's Christmas Creative Pack
- Christmas Words Acrylic Stamps
- Silk Poinsettia Flowers
- Two gold star brads
- Acrylic block
- Black inkpad
- Colored pencils
- 1/16” wide hole punch
- 5”x 6/12” blank white card
- White embroidery floss
- Place the card fold at the top. Cut 1" off the bottom of the card front. Cut a red 5 5/8”x3 1/4” rectangle of red poinsettia paper; ink the edges and mat with green paper, leaving a 1/8” wide border. Ink the edges. Stamp “’tis the season” in the upper right corner.
- In black, repeat stamping “Happy Holidays” across and down on a medium white poinsettia flower. Layer with a larger red poinsettia flower and secure to the left side of the red rectangle using a star brad.
- Stamp “Celebrate the season” on the round green tag, punch a hole and thread with floss. Secure the tag to the red paper with a star brad and glue the end of the floss under the white poinsettia flower. Glue the mat to the card front.
- Inside the card: Stamp “Merry Christmas” at the bottom inside back, showing from the front of the card. Use pencils to color the ribbons red and the holly shades of green. Glue a 3/8” wide strip of red poinsettia paper near the top of the inside back and stamp “Happy Holidays” under the strip.