Seasonís Greetings Card
By LeNae Gerig
Technique for the green and gold stamped Christmas tree focal--I first stamped the solid Christmas tree image with metallic gold StazOn ink and let it dry. Then I stamped the large tree image with swirls over the gold Christmas tree image with the forest green ink. The result is a pretty green Christmas tree with gold detail showing through the center, and beautiful green swirls at top and bottom.
I used Repeated Greetings Dazzles™ stickers for the greeting on the card front. These are great for stamped cards, because you can make several cards using the same layout, stamps, and word stickers.
- Christmas Splendor Papers (link)
- Christmas Splendor Ribbons (link)
- Christmas Silhouettes & Shadows Stamps (link)
- Acrylic Block (link)
- Metallic Gold StazOn inkpad (link)
- Forest Green StazOn inkpad
- Repeated Greetings Dazzles™ (link)
- 3mm red nailheads (link)
- 5"x6 1/2" blank white card (link)
- Black pen (computer printer optional)
- font: Porcelain
- With the fold at the top, cover the card front with the bottom section of the ivory/ornaments border paper, with the swirl border at the left side of the card. Position the solid Christmas tree stamp on your acrylic block and ink it with the metallic gold inkpad. Stamp the image 1 ¼” from the bottom and let dry. Remove the stamp from the block and position the large Christmas tree with swirls image on the center of the block. Ink the stamp with the forest green ink and align the tree image directly over the gold tree image on the card front, then stamp the image. Let dry.
- Stamp small swirls with holly along the right side of the card front with forest green ink, turning them as shown. Stamp the small star with gold ink along the swirls border on the left side of the card. Stamp a small gold star at the top of the large stamped tree. Ink the edges of a 1/8” wide red swirls paper strip with gold ink and let dry. Glue vertically to the left of the stamped swirls/holly border on the right side. Attach the nailheads and ribbon as shown. Place word Dazzles™ near the upper left of tree.
- Inside the card: Write or computer print a message on the remaining ivory patterned paper. Trim to a rectangle with the words at the center. Stamp the swirl/holly image around the edges with forest green ink. Ink edges gold and glue centered to red swirls paper leaving a ½” border. Ink edges gold. Glue centered to the inside. Zot™ a ribbon bow and add nailheads, as shown.