Warm Wishes Card
By Lodell Halvorson
Designer Tips: To emboss your stamped images, use VersaMark ink. Working over a piece of scratch paper, sprinkle embossing powder over the stamped images. Tap off the excess and heat using the heat tool until you see the powder melt together. DON’T OVERHEAT! This creates a nice border for coloring in your images. Use your scratch paper to pour the excess embossing powder back into the container.
The Perfect Printing Pouch helps reduce static on your paper and eliminates the stray embossing powder that can mess up your stamped image. Simply wipe the pouch over your paper, tap or blow off the excess and stamp your image. When you tap off the excess embossing powder, it will only stick to your ink, leaving a nice clean image.
- Snow Bird stamp set (link)
- Winter Delights paper pack (link)
- Vintage Christmas ribbon (link)
- VersaMark ink pad (link)
- Black embossing powder (link)
- Primary brush markers (link)
- Perfect Printing Pouch (link)
- White Cardstock (link)
- 5” x 6 1/2” blank card (link)
- Foam Tape (link)
- Front of the card: Place the card with the fold on the left. Cover the card with blue paper with the bird border along the left edge.
- Emboss the bird on 2 1/4” square white cardstock. Emboss “Warm Wishes” on 3/4”x2 3/4” white cardstock 1/2” from the left end and cut a “V” in the end to resemble a flag. Emboss birdhouse on white cardstock and cut around the edges leaving 1/32” border. Color in images using red and green brush tip markers.
- Wrap 3/4” red ribbon around the card vertically and tie a bow 1 1/2” from the top of the card. Mat the bird with 2 5/8” square of red paper, cut so that the dots show around all sides. Foam tape over the ribbon 5/8” from the bottom of the card and 3/8” from the right edge.
- Glue greeting to the card 2 1/4” from the top with the ends hanging over the left edge. Foam tape birdhouse over the right side of the label.
- Inside the card: Cut striped paper to 1 3/4”x4” and glue to the card 1 1/2” from the bottom. Cut red paper to 2 1/4”x4 3/4” and glue to the card 1/8” from the left edge. Cut bird border to 2”x4 3/4” and glue over the red paper with 1/8” showing on the left and 1/16” showing on the right.
- Emboss birdhouse on the bottom of the card 1 1/4” from the left edge. Color image with brush tip markers.