By LeNae Gerig
Designer’s Tip: The Ultra Smooth White cardstock is excellent to both stamp on and color using the Spectrum Noir pens. When using the pens, first outline using the darker shade and then use the lighter shade to color in the image, blending the 2 colors where they meet.
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card
- Winter Flannel Paper Pack
- Winter Flannel Ribbon Collection
- Mittens Small Stamp
- Tiny Tags & Little Labels Template
- Ultra Smooth White Cardstock
- Spectrium Noir Pens: Greens & Blues
- Timber Brown Fluid Chalk Inkpad
- Zots™ Adhesive Glue Dots
- Foam tape
- Place the card fold on the side. Cut the card to 4”x5”. Cover the top 1 1/2” with burgundy snowflake paper. Cover the remaining card with blue tile paper. Ink the long edges of a 4”x 1/2” piece of plaid paper and glue over the seam between the 2 papers.
- Trace the Bracket Label D onto the burgundy snowflake paper. Mat with white cardstock, leaving a 1/16” border. Stamp the mittens string only at the top of the blue tile paper, as if hanging from the plaid border. Stamp again at the top of the label. Stamp a full image onto white cardstock and cut out mittens. Color mittens: Outline mittens with DG4 and color in with DG2. Outline cuffs and color in snowflake and heart with TB3. Color in cuffs with TB2. Foam tape the mittens to the label, aligning stamped striings.
- Cut out mittens and foam tape to the label, aligning string. Glue the label to the card front, aligning strings. Glue a green twill bow to the border as if holding the string.
- Inside: Glue a 4”x1 1/2” piece of burgundy snowflake paper to the bottom of the card inside back. Glue a 4”x 1/2” piece of plaid paper at the top. Trace the Bracket Label B onto blue tile paper. Trace Rectangular Label D onto white cardstock. Stamp tiny greeting and ink edges. Foam tape to the blue label and glue the label to the plaid border.