Old Year, New Year
By Tessa Bundy
Tessa's Designer Tip
- Use opaque white inkpad to stamp a background pattern on vellum – then layer vellum over darker paper so that stamped design shows through.
- Emboss an elegant border on your background paper using opaque white embossing powder.
- Cut out embossed snowflakes to use as focals on your page.
- Busy Scrapper's Solution for Vacation papers
- Winter Swirls stamps
- Acrylic block
- Staz-On Cotton white opaque inkpad
- Clear embossing stamp pad
- Embossing heat tool
- Foam tape
- White opaque embossing powder
- Computer journaling or black pen
- White cardstock
- Cut a 10" square each of snowflake stripes, textured teal, and blue vellum. Using an opaque Cotton white inkpad, stamp snowflakes and circle designs repeatedly onto vellum to create a patterned background. Tear both textured teal and blue vellum diagonally from the top right corner to the bottom left corner. Attach the textured teal in bottom right corner of the striped paper. Layer vellum over the top, attaching with a dot of glue at the center. Mat completed the square on white cardstock, leaving 1/16" border on top and right. Attach in the lower left corner of the pale blue snowflakes paper.
- Stamp the swirls border along the maining strips of snowflake paper – at the corner and ends – using a clear embossing pad. Emboss with white opaque embossing powder. Cut out letter tiles for "O-L-D Y-E-A-R" and foam tape along the top portion of the snowflake paper. Cut out letter tiles for "N-E-W Y-E-A-R" and foam tape along the right portion of the snowflake paper.
- Mat a black and white photo on teal textured paper (1/16" border) and attach 1/2" in from the upper corner of the striped paper. Journal notes from the past year on white cardstock (2 1/2" wide) and mat on teal (1/16" border). Attach on the striped paper, slipping the top edge under the photo. Cut out the letter tiles "0-9" and attach at the bottom of the photo, overlapping the top of the journaling.
- Mat a color photo on white cardstock (1/16" border) and attach 1/2" in from the lower corner of the vellum. Journal goals for next year on pale teal paper (2 1/2" wide) and mat on white cardstock (1/16" border). Attach on vellum, slipping the bottom edge under the photo. Cut out letter tiles "1-0" and attach at the bottom of the photo. Add glue to the vellum behind the photo and journaling to adhere vellum to the paper.
- Using a clear embossing pad, a stamp small and large snowflake, and circle on teal textured paper. Emboss with opaque white embossing powder. Cut out, including interior of circle. Foam tape snowflakes in the upper right corner overlapping the torn edges of the textured teal and vellum.
- Attach a piece of blue vellum to the back of the circle so that vellum fills the center. Trim excess from the outer edges. Using a clear embossing pad, stamp a small snowflake at the center of the vellum. Emboss with opaque white embossing powder. Foam tape to the upper right corner of the black and white photo.