Season Memories Page
By: Gail Booth
Technique:Stamping a Treated Background - Create your own snowy background by spraying black cardstock with White Linen Dylusions spray, then emboss over it for the perfect backdrop to a large Christmas Cheer stamp.
Designer Tip: When spraying with Dylusions, try to direct the spray off the cardstock edge, allowing mostly the “overspray” to spatter the background. A direct spray onto the cardstock will be too concentrated.
- 12”x12” Silver Flourish Color Me™ Paper (link)
- Simply Susan Ribbon Set (link) – black mesh
- Black Suede Paper (link)
- Silver Snowflake Holographic Paper (link)
- Red Firework Holographic Paper (link)
- Easy Starburst Template (link)
- 4 Circles & 4 Scallops Cutting Dies (link)
- Christmas Cheer Stamp (link)
- Classic Cardstock (link) – black
- White Linen Dylusions Spray (link)
- White Super Fine Embossing Powder (link)
- VersaMark™ Stamp Pad (link)
- Glue Stick (link)
- Die Cutting Machine (link)
- Heat Gun (link)
- Craft Sheet (link)
- Background: Cut 1/2” off of the top edge and right side of your Color Me™ 12”x12” paper. Glue on the center of 12”x12” black cardstock.
- Stamping a Treated Background: Spray the lower left and upper right corners of 9 1/2”x5” black cardstock with White Linen Dylusions spray. Let dry. Use VersaMark™ to stamp “MAY THE Treasures AND GOOD TIMES of the SEASON…” 1/4” from the left side. Dust with White Embossing Powder and set with the heat gun.
- Mat a 4”x6” photo on Red Fireworks Holographic paper with a 1/16” border, then on Black Suede with a 1/8” border, then on Silver Snowflake Holographic paper with a 1/16” border. Glue onto the stamped and sprayed cardstock with a 1/4” border on the top, bottom and right edges. Glue the piece 1” from the bottom edge of the Color Me™ paper.
- Following your die cutting machine manufacturer’s instructions, create one each of the following circle die-cuts from Red Fireworks and Silver Snowflakes Holographic paper: 1 7/8”, 2 1/2”, 3 1/4”.
- Ornaments: Place the large silver die-cut circle face down on your work surface and place the center point of the Easy Starburst template 1” from the edge. Trace every fourth line of the template onto the back of the die-cut. Rotate the template to complete the pattern all the way around. Remove the template and cut along the traced lines. Turn the pieces over and glue every other ray onto the large red die-cut circle. Mat the finished “ornament” on Black Suede with a 1/16” border. Repeat the process for the other “ornaments”, placing the template center point 3/4” from the edge of the medium die-cut circle, and 1/2” from the edge of the small die-cut circle. Spray Dylusions on one edge of each ornament and let dry.
- Glue the “ornaments” in place, as shown. Glue three short lengths of black mesh ribbon above each ornament, tucking the ends under the ornaments, and over the top edge of the page. Zot™ a mesh ribbon bow onto each ornament top.