JOY Banner
October 18, 2011

Still having trouble? Click here
Play in Standard Quality
Play in High-Definition

Click here for instructions and project photos

Eleanor (posted 2 years 9 months ago)
I really like the webisodes and usually get alot of great inspiration but this one regarding the banners was substandard. I have a banner template and the webisode focused on mostly monograms...what about some more ideas for this template? It's definitely not as universal as the other templates!!! You are doing a great job and I love all the ideas and products!!!
Reply from Paper Wishes Customer Service:
You may have missed the first webisode we did on the Build A Banner template. Please check out the webisode dated Sept. 13, 2011 titled Templates & Layered Labels. The second template is the Banner and, personally, I was delighted with all this template can do. Actually it is quite versatile.

This webisode was during a week of Holiday Goodies devoted to Holiday decorating and gifts. It was also one where, for a couple of days, we demonstrated competing one project. As you know, we usually show many ideas.
Liz (posted 2 years 11 months ago)
Hi! Just thought I would share my way of applying anything small and sticky... I use my overlocker tweezer (which is meant for threading!) as it has a long length and a small slightly bent tip - gives you a good grip and angle to hold small things!
paula (posted 2 years 11 months ago)
The webisodes are something I really look forward to, especially when they are for a week! Just one hint for you, on attaching the ribbon to the banner. I used to use glue, don't like zots except for bows, and have settled on double sided tape for strips of ribbon. It is the easiest and most flawless for me.
Reply from Paper Wishes Customer Service:
I bet the Ultra Clear tapes in 1/4" and 1/2" widths would be perfect! Thanks.
Robin C (posted 2 years 11 months ago)
I loved this episode. I was in the middle of making a baby banner and didn't know how to do the ribbon and I loved the way you did it! Thanks for the ideas.
Lynn (posted 2 years 11 months ago)
I love all the webisodes, they just don't come often enough for me. I have gone back to the archives to watch them too, I have learned and gotten so much inspiration from them. Thanks for all that goes into making them.
Marie (posted 2 years 11 months ago)
Ooops! Note to self, don't post a comment until you've watched the entire video! Pertaining to my comment about Paulette using a zero instead of a letter "O"--just saw that she did, in fact, correct herself. ;)
Reply from Paper Wishes Customer Service:
also from Paulette: As I said, you have good eyes!
Deborah (posted 2 years 11 months ago)
Well contrary to Lindas comment I love all your videos. The two of you (and the crew) work so well together and are always excited about the products used. Beside learning a new project I love that we also get to see the products used up close and personal. I appreciate all the hard work that goes into your videos and can not wait to see what you all have up your sleeves for the rest of the week!
Marie (posted 2 years 11 months ago)
I'm a tad confused. Paulette says the monograms are in alphabetical order and yet, if you look at the book she's pulling from, the letter "Y" is above what she's saying are the "O"s, which actually looked more like zeros to me. I'm thinking maybe she was actually pulling from the zero page because then she went to look for the zero page and couldn't find it.
Reply from Paper Wishes Customer Service:
from Paulette: Yes I did pull from the zero page because the red O was gone from the book I had. Oopps!! Good eyes!
Donna (posted 2 years 11 months ago)
This is a great week of webisodes so far. Nice twist that you are making the projects for us to watch and get tips. I never gave monograms a thought until I saw the way they were used on the tags. Those are awesome tags. I think a banner is in the "picture" this year for Christmas decorations. Thanks so much gals.
Becky Jo (posted 2 years 11 months ago)
Love the long name from a tag idea. I always think you need to keep everything inside the tag area! Love the webisodes and all the ideas you share! Thanks so much! Hugs!!
Sandy (posted 2 years 11 months ago)
You gals are so much fun to watch. Thanks for such a cute idea. Keep 'em coming!
Donna (posted 2 years 11 months ago)
I love your videos and have learned soooo much from them. I've noticed that the last 2 seem to have an audio problem (it sounds like you're in a barrel). I only mention it because you may not be aware - it is in no way meant to be critical.
Reply from Paper Wishes Customer Service:
We didn't notice it until they went live. The guys are working on it.
lois (posted 2 years 11 months ago)
what works really well for picking up the dazzles is the quicker-poker-picker-upper using the sticky end.really enjoy the webisodes. keep them coming

Reply from Paper Wishes Customer Service:
You are so RIGHT!
KathyB (posted 2 years 11 months ago)
What a beautiful banner!! Love the papers used on it. I also like the examples of the tags.
Jean (posted 2 years 11 months ago)
so many ideas, so much to choose from. of course I want all the special value deals, but will wait until I see all the weeks webisodes to choose what to order. thanks again for all the GREAT ideas.
Alice (posted 2 years 11 months ago)
I am enjoying the webisodes this week and look forward to the next one with excitement. Thanks for making it look easier than I thought it would be to make Christmas paper crafts.
Tina (posted 2 years 11 months ago)
I love the webisodes.I watch everyone of them.I seen that you use your craft knife to remove the dazzles.I thought I would share that I use my paper piercer the lift them off and leave it on the tip and place it on the project and when you have large dazzles I use it to help guide it off the sheet and it holds your bigger dazzles so with the other hand you can place it and it won't stick to your hand to place it.Just thought I would share.Love you guys.
Reply from Paper Wishes Customer Service:
Thanks Tina.
Susan D (posted 2 years 11 months ago)
Another cute project and one that can be used for many events and holidays. I help a teacher decorate a room used for mentoring and this idea would work well for our purpose. Can't wait to see what is on tap for tomorrow!
Annette (posted 2 years 11 months ago)
I love banners! And I just purchased this template and will be making several holiday banners with it. Joy is perfect for at least one of them. My first banner was a Spring banner (thank you Class in a Box). I had so much fun making that one, I made one for my kittens first birthday (Auggie). We loved it and so did Auggie, she had a blast playing with it. Though I did save a few pieces of her banner for, of course, you guessed it, her scrapbook! Also loved the ideas for the monograms, which I will definitely put to good use. Thank you so very much!
Georgia (posted 2 years 11 months ago)
Wasn't sure if I was interested when I saw the title of the webisode. But, I watched it anyway and now I can't wait to make one. As always a wonderful webisode and of course the products are second to none.
Comment: