Designer Tip: For a beautiful stamped focal, create a Perfect Pearls background on cardstock, then stamp the bicycle image with Versamark ink. The inked stamp will remove the Perfect Pearls to show the bicycle image. To set the Perfect Pearls, mist with water and let dry. When using Perfect Pearls, place your project on a piece of scrap paper—besides protecting your work area, it also makes it easy to add the excess Perfect Pearls back into the container.
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cut a 5”x6 1/2" piece of tan textured paper and place vertically on your scrap paper.
- Ink the bicycle stamp with VersaMark ink and stamp the image on your scrap paper. Now, without re-inking the stamp, stamp the image twice across the paper, overlapping the images (second and third generation images). Use the small brush to add red and bronze Perfect Pearls to the images. Use the large brush to remove excess Pearls from the paper. Ink the stamp again and repeat until you have covered the paper with bicycle images. Mist paper with water to set the Perfect Pearls and allow to dry. Glue the paper even with the card front. Ink the edges with VersaMark, then add bronze Perfect Pearls to the edge. Mist the edge with water and let dry.
- Cut a 4 1/2"x4” piece of black/gold script paper and tear 1/2" from the right side. Sand the remaining edges to distress them. Mat on red textured paper with 1/16” borders. Glue to the card front, centered 1” from the top. Cut a 4” words paper square and tear 1/2" from top, bottom, and right side, leaving the left edge straight. Add a small amount of bronze Perfect Pearls to your acrylic block, plus a small amount of water to make a thin wash. Apply the wash to the torn paper to cover it evenly. Let dry completely, then crumple the paper into a loose ball. Smooth out the paper, then ink over the creases with the VersaMark pad. Use the small brush to add bronze and red Perfect Pearls. Mist with water and let dry. Glue the crumpled paper centered on the black/gold script paper on the card front.
- Cut a 2”x1 1/2" piece of black/gold script paper. Tear the top and left edges. Ink over the piece with the VersaMark pad, then add bronze Perfect Pearls with the small brush. Mist with water and let dry. Glue overlapping the left edge of the crumpled paper.
- Cut a 3 1/2"x3” piece of black cardstock. Ink over the piece with the VersaMark pad. Add bronze Perfect Pearls with the small brush. Ink the stamp with VersaMark ink and stamp the image onto the bronze background. Mist with water to set and let dry completely. Tear around the edges of the cardstock so the piece is 2 3/4"x2”. Use your finger to add a small amount of red Perfect Pearls over the image. Foam tape over the crumpled paper on the card front as shown.
- Stamp “Goodtimes” on tan textured paper with VersaMark ink, then use the small brush to add red Perfect Pearls to the image. Mist with water to set and let dry. Foam tape overlapping the left of the bicycle image with a small piece of red/black checked ribbon as shown.
- Cut a 51/2”x3/4” strip from striped paper. Tie a piece of red/black checked ribbon around it, 1 1/2" from the right side. Align the strip with the right side and glue across the card front 5/8” from the bottom. Trim the left side even with the card.
- Cut a 5”x3 1/2" tan textured paper. Stamp second and third generation images, then add Perfect Pearls as you did for the front. Mist with water to set. Cut a 3”x2” black/gold script paper and ink with VersaMark. Add bronze Pearls and mist with water to set. Let dry, then tear 1/2” from the bottom and left edge. Glue just left of center over the bicycles background.
- Write or computer print “Hope you’re having a great day!” on tan textured paper. Tear around the words and mat on red textured paper with 1/4" borders. Stamp a tiny flower on the upper right corner near the words and add bronze Pearls. Mist with water to set. Glue overlapping the script paper. Glue a 5”x3/4” strip of striped paper across the paper as shown. Zot a red/black checked ribbon bow near words.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Perfect Pearls Jewel (link)
- Noted Paper Pack (link)
- Vintage Rose Ribbons (link)
- Bike small stamp (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- 6 1/2”x5” blank white card (link)
- VersaMark ink pad (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Black cardstock (link)
- sanding block (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- black pen or computer printer
- font: Bell Gothic
- scrap paper
- mister with water
- small container of water
- paper towel