Designer’s Tip: Did you know you can color pearls with the Spectrum Noir pens? Because the ink is transparent, you'll get a pearly sheen in any color you desire! Not only that, but you can also color rhinestones with the pens, too.
I used the small complimentary glue dot in the package for this organdy ribbon flower. However, the larger glue dots in the package are specifically designed to make it easier to attach flowers to projects, whether they're made from coiled fabric, braided rickrack, or layered papers.
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left and cover the front with green cardstock. Cut 4¾"x6¼" Christmas Lace holly paper and glue centered on the front. Trace the patterns and cut a 5" banner from Christmas Lace green striped paper and a 5⅝" banner from Christmas Lace green snowflakes paper. Mat each on ivory cardstock with 1/16" borders, then glue to the holly paper, overlapped as shown.
- Trim a 5" doily border to 2¼" wide, then glue across the top, just below the green matting. Place the 3¾" Dazzles™ doily wreath near the top as shown. Trace the bow, bow tails, and bow center patterns and cut from Christmas Lace striped paper, using a burgundy stripe. Wrap each end of the bow under and secure with tape. Tape the bow to the tails, then wrap the center strip over the bow center and use tape to secure on the back. Use tape to attach the bow to the wreath top.
- Punch four green cardstock pine branches and glue extending out and down from the bow center. Twist the wires in the organdy ribbon together along the entire length. Coil the ribbon tightly until it's a 1¼" wide circle. Press the circle onto one of the small glue dots, tucking the raw ends under. Attach the flower to the bow center, then place a pearl in the flower center.
- Cut 14 pearls apart and separate them on the plastic backing so they're about ¼"-⅜" apart. Use DR7 pen to color the pearls, using the wide tip for the tops and the fine tip to get around the edges. When dry, place the pearls evenly around the inner edge of the wreath.
- For the inside: Trace and cut a 6¼" banner from Christmas Lace green snowflakes paper and a 5⅝" banner from Christmas Lace green striped paper. Glue to the inside, aligning the upper edges, overlapped as shown. Glue a 5" doily border at the top. Trim a 5"x⅝" Christmas lace border paper and glue at the top, then place a Dazzles™ narrow border along the upper edge. Place the Dazzles™ “joy to all” innie on 2¾"x1¾" green cardstock, then glue as shown. Place a Dazzles™ doily on the upper left corner, then color another pearl and place in the doily center.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Christmas Lace Paper Pack (link)
- Cardstock: dark avocado, ivory (link)
- Christmas Lace 12"x12" Dazzles™ (link)
- 8" of 1" wide white double organdy ribbon (link)
- White doily borders (link)
- 5mm ivory pearl stickers (link)
- Red Spectrum Noir pen set (link)
- Pine Branch punch (link)
- icraft glue dots combo pack (link)
- ¼" Ultra Clear tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & matching envelope (link)