Designer's Tip: Using double sided paper works great for the petite pocket and tiny tags.
- Cut your 5”x6 1/2” card down to a 5” square card. With the fold at the top, cover card front with black/tan flourishes paper. Open card, and cover inside upper half with tan script paper. Cover inside lower half with dark brown script paper. Score the upper half of card horizontally, 2 1/2” down from top edge. With X-acto® knife, cut 3 sides only of a 2 3/4”x1 3/4” rectangle, keeping uncut upper edge of rectangle on scored line. Fold back along the scored lines on either side of the rectangular cuts, popping up the rectangular cutout. Using “Rounded Label A” from your template, trace the corners onto the rectangular cutout, and trim. Use a sponge and the dark brown inkpad to ink all edges of card, cut and uncut. Close your card keeping the original fold at the top.
- Cut a 2 1/2”x4 1/2” red textured paper and trim lower two corners using “Rounded Label A” from your template, as above. Ink edges with red barn red inkpad. Glue to front of card, folding 1/2” of paper over top edge of card, and fixing ends of red/black polka dot ribbon underneath paper.
- Open card to inside, with fold horizontally centered. Use template to trace “Banner A” onto red “starburst” art from striped paper. Cut out and ink edges red. Mat on tan textured paper, leaving 1/8” all around. Ink edges red. Cut in half vertically and glue to right and left sides of card, 1 1/2” up from lower edge. Cut a 2 1/2” square from the bottom edge of the large butterfly & script paper. Round corners with a Corner Chomper, or scissors. Ink edges brown. Glue to center of lower half of card.
- Using template, follow directions to trace and cut out a Petite Pocket on striped paper, centering a small butterfly on the bottom flap. Ink top and bottom flaps brown. Score fold lines, fold and glue, keeping butterfly art on front of pocket. Repeat the process, creating a pocket on red textured paper, inking edges with red, and keeping red on the outside when folding. Cut out a 1 3/4” length of black scroll artwork from striped paper and glue 1/8” up from lower edge of red pocket. Foam tape to script paper square on lower face of card. Cut out a small butterfly from striped paper and foam tape wings to front of butterfly pocket. Foam tape to red textured strip on upper face of card.
- Use template to create a “Rounded Tag A” on red/tan script paper (I centered the word “Paris” on the front of mine). Cut out and ink edges red, and Zot™ on 1/2 of black leaf ribbon just below top tab. Create a “Rounded Tag D” on white cardstock, inking edges red, then mat on vellum, leaving a 1/8” border all around. Place the “Merci” stamp on your acrylic block, and use the VersaMark™ stamp pad to stamp in the center of “Rounded Tag D”. Apply black embossing powder to the stamped message, shake off the excess and use the heat gun to set. Punch 1/8” holes at top of both tags, and tie together with a bow, using 1/4” wide red organza ribbon. Place Tag in butterfly pocket
- Create a “Squared Tag A” on black/tan flourished paper, inking edges brown. Create a “Rounded Tag B” on red textured paper, inking edges red, and embossing a “For You” stamped image in the center. Foam tape round tag on top of square tag, Zot™ on an organza knotted ribbon, and foam tape to upper right corner of front of card.
- Using the template, create a variety of tags from the Noted paper pack, inking edges after cutting, and stamping or embossing with various messages. Stack different sizes together, punch at top with hole punch, and tie together using 6” of embroidery thread for each tag, or 1/4” red organza. Tuck all of these “gift” tags into red pocket.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Tiny Tags & Little Labels Template (link)
- Noted Paper Pack (link)
- Fresh Cut Ribbon Set (link)
- Artful Collection Stamps (link)
- Red Barn 4005087 & Dark Brown Fluid Chalk inkpad (link)
- VersaMark™ Watermark stamp pad (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- Black (link) & Gold (link) super fine embossing powder
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- X-acto® knife & Cutting mat (link)
- Heat gun (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- Glue stick (link)
- 1/8” hole punch (link)
- Heartfelt Greetings Stamp Set (link)
- Corner Chomper (link)
- Scoring tool (link)
- Cosmetic sponges
- Embroidery floss, black, white and red