Design Tool Kit #1 shapes used:
First blank card: front (red gingham page)—bracket label A—align top of curves with the fold, then trace the shape.
4th page (yellow/tiny flowers)—largest shape Design Tool kit #1
Second blank card: 2nd page (blue tiny labels)—bracket label B—extend top curves above the fold, then trace the shape.
3rd page (striped)—bracket cutaway
- Place the first blank card on your work surface with the fold at the top. Cover the card front with red/white gingham paper. Place the bracket label “A” template design over the card front and align the top of the curves with the fold, then hold in place while you trace the shape with your pencil. Remove the template and cut along your pencil lines, leaving the card fold intact. Cover the back of the shape (left inside panel) with yellow/tiny flowers paper, trimming edges evenly.
- Back a large flower sticker with yellow, white, and blue patterned papers then add to the red/white gingham shape as shown. Place “Smile” word sticker centered below the flower. Cut out the “celebration” label from the blue large labels paper and ink the edges black. Glue near the center of the yellow/tiny flowers side of the shape. Place a small flower/swirls sticker overlapping the top edge of the label as shown.
- Cover the inside of the card (right inside panel) with yellow/tiny flowers paper. Turn the card so the inside fold is at the top, then place the largest template design from the Design Tool kit over the paper and align it with the card edges. Trace around the shape with a pencil, then cut along the lines. With the card open, turn it so the fold is at the left. Cut a 5”x2” section of striped paper and ink the edges. Glue across the yellow/tiny flowers paper near the center. Trim edges evenly with the shape. Add a vine border sticker across the panel, above the striped paper.
- Place the second blank card on your work surface with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with blue tiny labels paper. Turn the card so the fold is at the top, then place the bracket label “B” design over the card. Extend the top curves of the design above the fold, then trace the shape. Remove the template and cut on the lines. Add a black vine border sticker to the left side of the shape, trimming edges evenly. Cover the back of the shape with red/white gingham paper trimming edges evenly. Add a vine border sticker to the right side of the red/white gingham side of the shape. Cut a 1 3/4"x3 1/2" blue tiny labels paper and tear 1/2" from the top and bottom edges. Sand the straight sides and glue to the red/white gingham paper as shown.
- With the card fold at the left, cover the inside (right inside panel) with striped paper. Place the bracket cutaway design over the striped paper, aligning the straight edge of the template with the card fold. Trace around the edges with a pencil, then cut along the lines. Cut a 2”x1 1/2" blue large labels paper and sand the edges. Glue to the striped paper, 3” from the bottom and 3/8” from the fold. Cover the back of the shape with blue large labels paper, trimming edges evenly with the shape. Cut a brown lace strip from striped paper and glue across the blue paper, 1” from the bottom. Cut/tear a 2”x3 1/4" yellow/tiny flowers paper and glue centered to the right side of the blue paper. Cut/tear a 2 1/2"x2 1/4" red/white gingham paper. Ink the edges and glue overlapping the left side of the yellow paper.
- Sand the edges of each card panel to create a distressed white edge. Write or computer print words for each inside panel on white cardstock. Trim to rectangles and ink the edges black. Mat and add to pages as shown. Place the second card inside the first card and wrap the 21” length of ribbon around the center folds of both cards and tie them together with a knot at the front.
- Use the Design tool kit to trace and cut out a 1 5/8” butterfly from yellow/tiny flowers paper. Sand the edges, then place a butterfly sticker over the center. Foam tape to the edge of the card front. Finish embellishing the pages with ribbon and Dazzle stickers—butterflies, swirls, and flowers and hearts as desired.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Home Grown Paper Pack (link)
- Design Took Kit #1 (link)
- Beauty & Blossoms Scrapbooking Dazzles (link)
- Two - 5”x6 1/2" blank white cards (link)
- 1” length foam tape (link)
- 21” length of 3/8” wide currant grosgrain ribbon (link)
- Sanding block (link)
- StazOn® Black ink pad (link)
- Black pen (link) or computer printer
- White cardstock (link)
- font: Birch Std.
- Free download