Designer’s Tip: I love the look you can create by combining the acetate with the easel card—shooting rays of stars that seem to "float" in midair! Usually you'd stamp your "Made by" label as the last step, but since I've heat embossed it in gold on the back of my card, I wanted to do all my embossing first before I do any gluing to avoid warping the card. When tracing the Easy Circles Template onto acetate, I found that a fine-tip permanent pen worked well to draw on the slick surface.
- Cut all 3 bases out of black cardstock. Score and fold along the fold lines.
- Large base: Fold the base closed with the fold on the top. Swipe with the Perfect Printing Pouch. Using Versamark ink and the moon and stars stamps (included in the Heart to Heart Greetings Stamp Set), stamp a scattering of stars around the top section, with a moon in the upper right. Sprinkle on gold embossing powder and heat emboss. Turn the base over to the back of the card and swipe with the pouch. Stamp the "Made for you by" label onto the lower center with Versamark. Use the Versamark Watermark pen and sign the label. Emboss with gold embossing powder. Medium base & small base: Leave plain black for now.
- Large star: Cut the large star from gold pearl adhesive material. Peel off the backing and place the star on black cardstock. Cut around, leaving a 1/16" border. Cut a medium star from silver pearl material. Peel off backing and place on black cardstock. Cut around, leaving a 1/16" border. Glue the medium star to the large star, towards the upper left as shown. Trace a small star shape onto black cardstock. Swipe with the pouch. With Versamark ink, stamp "I Love You" in the center and stars all around the shape (some going beyond the pencil lines). Emboss with gold embossing powder, then cut out the star. Erase any pencil lines. Glue the black small star to the medium star, toward the upper left, as shown. Take the Easy Circles Template and place it over the heat resistant acetate. Use a fine-tip permanent pen to trace a 5" circle onto the acetate. Cut out the circle, avoiding the black lines (cut just inside the line). Position the circle centered over the large star. Use the permanent pen on the acetate to sketch a line about 1/4" inside the outer edge of the star. Remove the acetate circle and cut along your traced line. Cut off one of the 5 sections (the bottom section of the star doesn't need acetate.) Place about 1" long pieces of Zips along all of the straight edges of the acetate shape (where it will be attach to the back of the cardstock star. Place the acetate with the sticky Zips side up. Take the large star and carefully center it over the acetate circle (with the empty section on the bottom). Press down, adhering the acetate to the back of the star. Place a large silver star Dazzle on the acetate in each of the inner angles of the card, followed by medium star, then small star Dazzles. You now have 4 rays of stars. (the 5th will be added once the card is assembled). Add a 3-small star ray to the right and left of each of the existing rays, so you end up with 3 rays between each of the large spokes of the cardstock star.
- Medium star: Cut a medium star from silver pearl material and mat on black cardstock with a 1/16" border. Cut 2 tiny stars from gold pearl and also mat on black. Cut a 4 1/2" x 3/4" strip of black cardstock and swipe with the Perfect Printing Pouch. Stamp and emboss "To the moon and back!" in gold, in the center, with a star on either side. Glue the strip across the top of the medium silver star, trimming the edges to fit the star. Foam tape one tiny gold star to the lower right of the sentiment as shown, and glue the other to the back of the medium star, poking out of the upper left as shown. Place a small silver Dazzles star on each of the tiny gold stars.
- Small star: Cut a small star from gold pearl material and mat on black cardstock with a 1/16" border. Cut a 3" x 3/4" piece of black cardstock and swipe with the pouch. Stamp and emboss a moon and stars in the center and stars scattered around. Glue the strip centered on the small star, trimming ends to fit the star. Trace and cut out a 3" circle of acetate and place it over the star. Use permanent pen to sketch a line on the acetate about 1/4" in from the edge. Cut out just two of the sections of acetate. Attach one curved section to the upper right of the star, adhering it to the back of the star with Zips. Attach the other curved section to the bottom left of the star in the same way. Add 3 rays of small silver star Dazzles to each of the acetate areas as shown.
- Assembly: Assemble all the pieces (except the stopper) of the Triple Star Easel card according to the template instructions. Close the card. To finish the large star on the front, add silver star Dazzles to the bottom section of the star, in the same arrangement as the 4 acetate sections.
- Decorating the base: Open the card. Cut a 4 1/2" x 1/8" strip of gold pearl material and place it across the bottom of the card, 1/2" from the bottom edge. Stopper star: Cut out a tiny star from silver pearl material and mat on black cardstock with a 1/16" border. Add a silver star Dazzle to the center. Foam tape centered on the base of the card, about 1/8" from the bottom edge. Cut a second tiny star from gold pearl material. Place a silver star Dazzle in the center. Cut the star down the middle and place one half on the left of the card, 1 1/8" from the bottom. Place the other half on the right edge, 1 1/8" from the bottom, as shown. While the card easels are set up, Place rays of small silver star Dazzles on the base of the card, coming out of the bottom points of the standing stars, as shown.
Click to view large image