Designer's Tip: I placed Dazzles on acetate, then cut them out for see-through stand up embellishments. I also placed the door at an angle, outside of the house, so that my Dazzle bat could fly out!
- Open the Chipboard House package and place the pieces on your work surface. Set aside the hanger and chipboard base for now. The corrugated “fence” piece will not be used. Place chipboard door on cutting mat and use X-acto® knife to trim off edges, leaving a 1/8” border around outside edges of small windows. Using the sponge, ink the back of the door black. Sponge the front of the window and door pieces with VersaMark™, then sprinkle with embossing powder. Shake off the excess, and emboss with heat gun. Back the window and door pieces with red acetate, then trim. Back the window with white paper and trim. Set pieces aside.
- Cover the outside of the house with orange striped paper, keeping stripes vertical. Trim edges and window openings with knife. Cover the inside back and adjoining side wall of the house with orange texture paper, and trim. Ink all edges and openings black. Glue the embossed window inside the opening and let dry. Glue the side edges of the house together and allow to dry. Using Gothic Halloween Dazzles™, place the long border strip on the lower edge of the house, all around. Place a small bat Dazzle™ on front of house, centered below front roof point. Using Boo Dazzles™, place the large bat on acetate and trim close to bat edges. Zot™ right wing inside of door opening, and foam tape left wing outside.
- Cover the outside of the large roof piece with black striped paper, keeping stripes lengthwise, and trim edges and opening evenly. Ink all edges and opening black, making sure to ink 1/4” of the underside of roof edges all around. Place the large roof piece over the top of the house and glue in place, checking for even alignment at sides and back. Hold the piece in place for a minute to let the glue set a bit. Let dry. Place the hanger in the center roof opening so it fits snugly, Add glue to secure as needed. Apply Stickles to the orange “track” lines on top of roof. Let dry.
- Cover the chipboard base with Silver Ripple paper and trim edges evenly. Ink edges black. Glue the house onto the base, 1/8” from the back edge. Let dry. Glue embossed door in place, leaving an opening for Dazzle bat to fly out.
- Using Boo Dazzles™, place the fence border on acetate and trim close to fence edges. Cut fence into two 3” pieces and score a fold line in the center of each piece. Use Zips™ strips on back of lower edge of fence and attach to front corners of base. Place the headstone on 1 1/4”x2” black cardstock. Trim close to upper edges, but leave a 1/4” cardstock tab on lower edge. Score and fold back tab, Zot™ onto base, behind left front fence line. Place the “Boo” Dazzle close to upper edge of 2” square acetate. Trim close to upper edges, but leave a 1” acetate tab on lower edge. Zot™ the acetate tab to back of house, “popping” up over right edge of roofline. Place 3 small spiders on acetate, trim close to edges and set aside.
- Wrap two lengths of memory thread around a pencil, slide off and attach the center of each piece to ornament hanger by twisting on. Attach third length of thread to hanger top with a knot, and wrap ends around pencil. Zot™ on two spiders to curled thread, and one on edge of roof.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Halloween papers (link)
- “Melissa Frances” Cottage House (link)
- Boo Dazzles (link)
- Gothic Halloween Dazzles (link)
- Orange Peel Stickles (link)
- Silver Memory Thread – Three 12” lengths (link)
- Silver Holographic Ripple paper (link)
- 8”x8” Father overlay (link)
- Black cardstock (link)
- VersaMark™ Watermark stamp pad (link)
- Black super fine embossing powder (link)
- StazOn® Black ink pad (link)
- Cosmetic sponges
- Heat gun (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Zips™ Ultrafine Adhesive lines (link)
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots (link)
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue (link)
- X-acto® pen knife and cutting mat (link)
- Glue stick (link)