Metal Embossing: Dolls
January 20, 2009

Still having trouble? Click here
Play in Standard Quality
Play in High-Definition

Click here for instructions and project photos

Gwen Uy (posted 5 years 3 months ago)
i love this i fish there were more free patterns!!
Phyllis Oviatt (posted 5 years 3 months ago)
I was a bit disappointed with this product. It didn't look like something I would be using. The samples were nice, though.
Margaret (posted 5 years 3 months ago)
Not real big on the dolls but I like the metal.
kathy (posted 5 years 3 months ago)
The dolls are very cool! Couldn't find the wings download...am I looking in the wrong place?
Reply from Paper Wishes Customer Service:
Hi Kathy,

Sorry you couldn’t find the wings! They’re in the Project Gallery for the Metal Embossing: Dolls segment. The Project Gallery is just to the left of the video screen (in the list with Upcoming Webisodes, Money Savers, etc). That’s just so you know for future—in the meantime, here’s a link directly to that Project Gallery segment. You’ll see a line underneath the doll images that says “click here to download the wings pattern”. Just click there and you’re good to go!

Have fun with your project!

Sara
Julia (posted 5 years 3 months ago)
This sounds really great. I can't wait to see my first Webisode.
Mary Lou Dawson (posted 5 years 3 months ago)
I used to do a lot of crafts and might have made these dolls but I can't see doing them for a scrapbook and since that is why I enjoy these webisodes so much. I am sort of disappointed in the dolls as I will never use anything I learned today. Perhaps I'm the only one who feels this way so don't just go by my opinion.
Reply from Paper Wishes Customer Service:
Hi Mary Lou, I'm sorry you feel that way, but I'm glad you let us know! I agree, while you wouldn't do these dolls for a scrapbook they would be fun as gifts, or to decorate a scrapbook room. And if you weren't interested in the dolls at all, I think there are still some interesting techniques with the metal and molds to use on cards and as page accents. But never fear...next week we will be back with a new Webisode, Fun Flock Part 3--our designers have come up with even more techniques for using it on scrapbook pages and cards so that might be a bit more up your alley! Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think and hope you have a great day.

Sara
Anita (posted 5 years 3 months ago)
I look forward to these sessions but was a little disappointed with your choice - not something that I would do.
Sherri Benson (posted 5 years 3 months ago)
Hmm, somthing else I need to get into. Very unique, at some point I'll have to put the cards down and play with dolls.
Fabrizio (posted 5 years 3 months ago)
Wow Paulette and Sara ! Such cool projects and so unusual, loved all the samples, I have a few sheets of metallic paper that I never use, I'll be looking at them in a different light ! LOL
Nicolle (posted 5 years 3 months ago)
Not a big fan of the dolls but some of the designs could be used on a scrapbook page. The metal would be a cool look for photo mats or creative things on a layout.
Jan Douglas (posted 5 years 3 months ago)
Very cute, but I'm confused...how did you get the pink color on the metal? Markers?
Reply from Paper Wishes Customer Service:
Hi Jan--thanks for posting! The pink is actually the color of the metal itself, so no need to use markers. It's in the set of Colored Metal sheets, which has one sheet of chocolate brown, one blue, one pearl and then the pink we used. There's also the "Rock Star" metal that's black on one side and silver on the other. Hope this helps and thanks for watching! Sara
Comment: