Fun Flock Part 3
January 27, 2009

Loading the player ...

The items featured in this webisode can be found at PaperWishes.com
Click here for instructions and gallery photos for this webisode

Cathy (posted 5 years ago)
Thank you for all your great info. Keep up the great work!

Lady Fred (posted 5 years 9 months ago)
I LOVED that you used the metal stencil! I have a boat load of them and found I really don't like the light table. Now I have a GREAT way to use them!!! Tx so much for the GREAT idea!
Nancy Mensch (posted 5 years 9 months ago)
Have you ladies tried the flocking using diecuts that have been ran through a xyron? If this would work it would be another great use for diecuts.
Reply from Paper Wishes Customer Service:
Sounds like a good idea!
ROSE (posted 5 years 9 months ago)
I HAVE NOT TRIED THE FUN FLOCK YET ON MY BRADS..e.t.c., BUT I DID BUY THE "SUGAR SPRINKLES" THAT ALSO COME IN A LOT OF COLORS, AND I USE THE GLUE PAD,PAT MY BRADS IN THEM AND THEN SPRINKLE THE SUGAR SPRINKLES COATING MY BRADS AND THEN STAND THEM UP IN STRYRAFOAM UNTIL THEY HAVE DRIED. AND THEY COME OUT REALLY NICE AND ALSO ADDS A NICE
"POP" TO YOUR CARDS OR SCRAPBOOKING PAGES. AND IT LOOKS LIKE YOU BOUGHT THEM THAT WAY ALSO, WITHOUT SPENDING THE EXTRA MONEY FOR THE BRADS THAT ARE ALREADY MADE LIKE THAT IN THE CRAFT STORES. SAVES MONEY TOO!
YOU GUYS ARE SO FUN TO WATCH,AND I LOVE THE WEBISODES. BUT YOU NEED TO EITHER MAKE MORE THAN 1 A WEEK OR MAKE THESE LONGER, BECAUSE A WEEK IS MUCH TO LONG TO SEE WHAT YOUR GOING TO DO NEXT!
THANKS FOR MAKING SUCH GREAT IDEAS, YOU TO SUSAN,LANAE AND PARIS(SORRY IF I LEFT ANY OF THE DESIGNERS OUT)
tammy (posted 5 years 9 months ago)
Jeani (posted 5 years 9 months ago)
When covering brads or other metal pieces with fun flock, it works a little better if you paint it with nail polish in a color close to your flocking first. After the polish dries, you can cover with the glue and then flock, and the flock coverage looks much softer and prettier-and also more "filled".
Jeanette (posted 5 years 9 months ago)
I enjoy your videos and love learning new techniques. I know that you said that it takes only a few minutes for the Fun Flock to dry, but that hasn't been my experience. I find that you really need to leave it for a few hours - especially if you're using the Glue Pad. Keep up the nice work!
Carole (posted 5 years 9 months ago)
What a great place to visit, so many wonderful ideas, and thank you for the great video lessons on flocking.

Susan and Sara, I have a question ... how does flocking work on wood? Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

Thanks ladies,
Carole
Reply from Paper Wishes Customer Service:
Hi Carole,

Thanks for your question about flocking on wood...Susan tried it on some Lara’s Crafts wood cut-outs. She used the glue pad, stamped and flocked--one sample without sealer on the wood first, and one sample with sealer. Then she let them dry overnight. The sealed wood had good results! She wouldn’t recommend flocking on wood without the sealer—it’s too porous and lets the glue soak in a bit, leaving the flock without enough glue to hold it to the wood. A wood sealer should be easy to find; the one she used is Delta Ceramcoat™ All-Purpose Sealer (prepares wood and other porous surfaces for painting). You might check places like Michaels for it. Hope this helps!
AMY (posted 5 years 9 months ago)
OMG!! Love it. I have fun flock from years ago - haven't used it in years! Love the snowflakes and brass template tech. I can finally use my fun flock again! Thanks
merridee (posted 5 years 9 months ago)
looking forward to learning techniques
Barb (posted 5 years 9 months ago)
I love your webosodes and I have learn alot from them. I have a question how do you clean your stamps after using the glue for the fun flock?
Thank you both and have a great day.
Reply from Paper Wishes Customer Service:
Hi Barb, great question! Since you want to work quickly to get the flocking on the stamped image, I recommend keeping a damp washcloth on your table to clean the glue off an acrylic stamp as soon as you've stamped with it. Then I wash my acrylic stamp with soap and water just as soon as I've got the flocking part done. If the stamp is very detailed, I use an old toothbrush to get in all the nooks and crannies. With a rubber stamp, I swipe it with a baby wipe right away to get the glue off. Then, I'll take the toothbrush and a stamp cleaner to it as soon as I can. Hope this helps!

Sara
Kathy (posted 5 years 9 months ago)
Fun webisode! Love the brass stencil, sticker and punch ideas...
Barb Carson (posted 5 years 10 months ago)
I was so glad to see this. I was wondering how to do this. The glue pad works great for the flocking. And I have both.
Enjoy your videos.
Ruth (posted 5 years 10 months ago)
I love all your ideas, but on SS and cannot afford to purchase the items. Nothing can justify that much money for these items.
Reply from Paper Wishes Customer Service:
We do give a discount on the package of items in each of the Webisodes; however, the individual items are also available. Just go to PaperWishes.com and in the search block type in the item that interests you. Also we have a sale site with super prices. It is also on the homepage of PaperWishes.com and it is on the right. Click on Mom's Warehouse Sale and you'll find new items every two weeks. I hope this helps. We are all watching our dollars.
nickey (posted 5 years 10 months ago)
This was a great episode.I never thought of covering a brad with fun flock. How long should you let the fun flock set before touching it?
Reply from Paper Wishes Customer Service:
Hi Nickey, thanks for your question! When flocking metal pieces, be sure to use plenty of glue, then pat the flock
down and add another layer of flock. Susan tells me she usually lets them dry at least overnight before handling. Hope this helps and have a great day!

Sara
Pamela Sontag (posted 5 years 10 months ago)
I have been using fun flock for quite a while and I love it. But your new ideas are always so inspiring.
Kathleen Millikan (posted 5 years 10 months ago)
Love it! Thanks.
Tena Caduto (posted 5 years 10 months ago)
Love to learn about flock!And I did. Can you use any other kind of glue for designing your own lettering for example? Such as a glue pen?
Keep up the gr8 work you two. Look forward to your segments.
Reply from Paper Wishes Customer Service:
Hi Tena, thanks for posting! I've not tried the flocking with a glue pen, but both Susan and I think it would probably work if you wanted to do something in your own handwriting. Susan says she's also used a glue stick when working with metal and paper...you'd want to use a thick layer of the glue stick, and add the flock very quickly before it dries. Hope this helps and would love to hear if other viewers have used the glue stick!

Sara

kathy (posted 5 years 10 months ago)
I bought fun flock before the holidays and used it on my Christmas cards. It added such a great dimensional touch. I also have used the hot pink on my Valentine cards with equally pleasing results. A little bit goes a long way and it is so much fun to use!
Dell Richards (posted 5 years 10 months ago)
Thanks ladies for your ideas on Fun Flock. I have some in my craft room that I can now put to use. Keep up the great work!
Comment:

Choose a bundle and save!