Designer's Tip: Form a background die-cutting 1 1/2" flowers, chalking the edges, and gluing side by side on the card front. I lightly inked Silver Tiny words & Phrases Dazzles™ with Timber Brown StāzOn® ink for a “pewter” look to match the metal charms.
- Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover the card front with Kraft cardstock. Use the die-cutting machine and 1 1/2" flower cutting die to create 20 die-cut flowers from Kraft cardstock. Lightly chalk the edges and center of each flower with black chalk. Place the flowers on the card front side-by-side, aligning them in rows by the flower centers. Glue each flower in place. Trim edges evenly with the card front.
- Cut two 6 1/2"x3/4” strips of white cardstock. Glue one centered horizontally across the card front and the other vertically 2” from the left edge so the two strips overlap. Trim edges evenly with the card. Glue 1/2" wide black grosgrain ribbon centered on each white strip, trimming edges evenly.
- Use the die-cutting machine and cutting dies to create flowers in the following sizes and papers: one 4 1/2"—black cardstock; one 3 1/4"—black/tan/white flourishes paper; two 2 1/4"—Kraft cardstock; two 1 1/2"—black cardstock. Add black chalk to the edges of the center petals on the Kraft cardstock flowers.
- Layer the 4 1/2" black flower, the 3 1/4" black/tan/white flourishes flower, one 2 1/4" Kraft cardstock flower, and one 1 1/2" black flower together with foam tape, from largest to smallest, off-setting the petals. Use your fingers to curve some of the petals upward as desired. Glue the layered flower centered over the white strips with black ribbon. Zot a charm to the center of the small flower.
- Use a cosmetic sponge to lightly ink “Happy Birthday” Dazzle word stickers with Timber Brown ink, just to add a hint of color. Let dry. Add the word stickers centered on the ribbon at the right side of the card front.
- Glue a 6 1/2"x3/4” black/tan/white flourishes paper centered across the inside. Layer the remaining two die-cut flowers together and glue over the left side of the paper. Zot a charm centered on the flower. Cut a 2”x1 1/8” Kraft cardstock rectangle and trim the corners at one end for a tag shape. Chalk the edges with black chalk. Glue a 2”x3/4” piece of white cardstock centered on the tag. Glue black ribbon centered on the white cardstock, trimming edges evenly. Lightly ink “celebrate!” sticker and place on the black ribbon. Glue the tag near the layered flower.