Designer Tips: To make into an ornament, do not open the loop on the red charm, but instead leave the loop intact, glue the red portion of the charm to the top of the spool, centered on the button. Thread a ribbon through the loop and knot the ends.
- Use the Brown Spectrum Noir #96 Mahogany to color the edges of the spool. Let dry. Cut 3” x7/8” length of brown/burgundy floral paper from the striped paper in the Roses in Harmony Paper Pack. Place a 3 1/2” length of the filmstrip over the Roses in Harmony floral paper and glue one end to the spool. Roll once around the spool and hot glue in place.
- Tear the opposite end so that the filmstrip exceeds the paper. Print and crop or print a photo 5/8”x1” and mat with white cardstock, leaving a 1/16” border. Glue to the front of the filmstrip. Glue a Roses in Harmony bow to the left of the photo.
- Glue a large Black Vintage Button, face up, to the bottom of the spool. Glue a small Black Vintage Button to the top. Use the pliers to straighten the loop on the red charm. Apply glue to the end of the wire and glue through the button hole at the top.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Roses in Harmony Paper Pack (link)
- Roses in Harmony Ribbon Set (link)
- Wood spool (link)
- Red charms (link)
- Black vintage buttons (link)
- Filmstrip ribbon (link)
- Brown Spectrum Noir Pens (link)
- White cardstock (link)
- iBond Glue Gun & Glue Sticks (link)
- Pliers (link)