Designer's Tip: Find more examples of Paper Bow cards in the Folds On The Fronts chapter on the Fantastic Folded Cards & Boxes DVD.
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold at the top and cover the front with black cardstock. Cut 6¼"x4¾" Simply Susan purple chevrons paper and glue centered on the front. Cut 3¾"x4¼" Simply Susan green dotted paper and mat on black cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue ½" from the left edge.
- Cut 6½"x2" Simply Susan striped paper, then cut along the outer edges on both sides, creating a zigzag border. Mat the long edges on black cardstock with 1/16" borders, then glue to the front, ⅜" from the bottom.
- Place a 3½" Dazzles™ flower on Simply Susan teal lace paper and cut around the edges. Glue to the green paper near the top. Place a 2¼" Dazzles™ flower on Simply Susan purple dotted paper, cut around the edges, and foam tape to the center of the teal flower. Repeat with a 1" Dazzles™ flower, foam-taping it to the 2¼" flower.
- Die cut four small ovals from purple cardstock. Cut one end off two of the ovals, making them 2" long. Cut the straight end in a “V,” then set aside. Use the bone folder to gently curve each of the remaining ovals. Use tape to secure the ends of an oval together, then repeat with the remaining oval.
- To make the bow, glue the two cut ovals end-to-end on the zigzag border near the right edge, with the cut ends extending outward. Glue a folded oval on each cut oval with the rounded ends meeting at the center.
- Place the “imagine” Dazzles™ charm on Simply Susan teal lace paper and cut around the edge. Place the charm back on it. Place the dragonfly charm front and back together, then repeat with the ⅝" key charm. Attach the charms to a jump ring, then attach it to a hole in the bow edge, close to the bow center. Place a 1" Dazzles™ flower on lavender cardstock, cut out, and foam tape to the bow center. Place rhinestones as shown.
- For the inside: Cut 3"x5" Simply Susan striped paper, then cut along the right zigzag edge. Back that edge with purple cardstock, leaving the edge straight and extending 1/16" past the zigzag points. Glue to the inside, aligning the left edges.
- Die cut a large doily from lavender cardstock and the large mat from purple cardstock. Glue the doily to the mat, then place “if friends were flowers…” on it as shown. Glue centered on the inside. Place a stemmed flower Dazzles™ blossom on purple cardstock and the leaf on Simply Susan teal lace paper and cut out. Repeat with a second flower, then glue one on each end of the doily. Place rhinestones as shown.