Designer's Tip: Find more examples of Square Fold Pocket cards in the Pocket Cards chapter on the Fantastic Folded Cards & Boxes DVD.
- For the card: Cut 7"x7" Robin’s Red blue/red tapestry paper. Measure and mark 3½" on each side. Score from each mark to the mark on the adjacent side, creating a 5" center square. Fold the corners in to meet at the center with the tapestry pattern on the outside. Set aside.
- For the front: Cut 5"x5" Robin’s Red tan tiles paper and 5"x1½" Robin’s Red red dotted paper. Mat the long edges of the dotted paper on red cardstock with 1/16" borders, then glue to the tiles paper, 1¼" from the bottom. Wrap the ribbon across the red paper near the bottom and glue the ends to the back. Mat the paper on teal cardstock with 1/16" borders.
- Die cut a 4¼" lacy heart from teal and red cardstocks. Glue the teal heart angled at the upper right, tucking it under the ribbon. Glue the red heart angled at the lower left. Use the template to trace and cut rounded tag C from Robin’s Red teal striped paper, then mat on teal cardstock with 1/32" borders. Stamp “happy anniversary” on it.
- Flatten the prongs on the flower embellie, then foam tape it and glue the tag to the ribbon and hearts as shown. With all the flaps of the folded square closed, apply adhesive just to one flap. Place the card front upside down on the table, then center the folded square folds down on the front and press the glued flap in place.
- For the inside: Flip up the front and open the flaps. Trace and cut the pocket pattern from Robin’s Red blue/red squares and fold on the dashed lines. Cut 6"x¾" Robin’s Red teal striped paper and mat the long edges on teal cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue to the pocket, ¼" from the long cut edge, then trim the ends even with the pocket sides. Glue the pocket flaps to the card in the lower left corner.
- Die-cut a 3¼" heart from teal cardstock and one from red cardstock. Die cut a 3" lacy heart from Robin’s Red red dotted paper and glue it to the teal heart. Glue the teal heart to the inside at the upper right, tucking the bottom into the pocket.
- Trace and cut banner A from Robin’s Red ivory textured paper, then stamp “celebrate” in the center. Score vertical lines in the banner, ½" and ⅝" from each end. Fold the scores, from left to right, in valley, mountain, mountain, valley folds. Place foam tape under the center area, then attach to the center of the red heart. Insert a small blue brad in each end of the banner, then glue the heart to the pocket as shown.
- Fold the flaps in. Die cut two teal and one red ¼" heart and glue to the three points as shown. Close the card. Cut 5⅛"x5⅛" teal cardstock and glue to the card back, aligning the edges with the front. Make sure the upper back edge doesn’t extend more than 1/16" beyond the card’s upper edge or the cardstock edge may be bent when the card is opened.