Designer's Tip: Find more examples of Square Fold Pocket cards in the Pocket Cards chapter on the Fantastic Folded Cards & Boxes DVD.
- For the card: Cut 12"x6½" brown cardstock and place horizontally. Score vertically at 4" and 8" from the left end. Measure 2" from the left end and mark at the top and bottom edges. Measure 3¼" down from the top on the left end and mark it. Cut from the marks at the top and bottom to the mark at the left end to create a pointed shape on the end.
- At the top edge, measure 4" from the left end and mark. Repeat at the bottom edge. Score from the upper left corner down to the lower 4" mark. Score from the lower left corner up to the upper 4" mark.
- Fold the angled score lines in mountain folds and the vertical score lines in valley folds. Fold the left end over the right end at the 8" score line. Fold on the remaining score lines, tucking the vertical scores between the angled scores and creating a diamond on the front.
- For the front: Use the pattern to cut the diamond front from Stolen Moments yellow lace paper and glue centered on the front. Cut the center panel paper from Stolen Moments teal herringbone paper with the lace border along the left straight edge. Flip the pattern and cut it again from the same paper without the border. Glue the bordered paper to the outside center panel so it shows behind the diamond front when the card is closed.
- Die cut a tree from brown cardstock and glue to the front as shown. Die cut 14 leaves from Stolen Moments green textured paper and glue evenly spaced among the branches. Place jewel Dazzles™ on the leaves as shown. Cut the angled banner from Stolen Moments yellow tiles paper and stamp “thanks” on it. Mat on brown cardstock with 1/32" borders and glue as shown.
- For the inside: Glue the herringbone paper from step 4 onto the center panel. Cut 3¾"x6¼" Stolen Moments teal/ivory lace paper with the striped border at the top and glue centered on the last panel. Die cut a tree from brown cardstock, trim off the left edge and glue so it’s hidden when the card is closed. Die cut seven flowers from yellow and ivory cardstocks, then glue as shown.
- Cut the straight banner from Stolen Moments yellow tiles paper and stamp “you’re the best” on it. Mat on brown cardstock with 1/32" borders and glue to the lower right edge so it shows when the card is closed. Die cut a heart from red and ivory cardstocks. Glue the red outer heart under the lower right branch, then glue the ivory inner heart inside it. Draw a line from the branch and a bow at the heart top, then place Dazzles™ as shown.