Designer's Tip: This version of the stand-up packet is made with a rounded top, the angled score lines forming a heart shape. The alternate version has a straight top so it can be used for nearly any occasion. Find it and more examples of boxes and baskets made from paper and cardstock in the Boxes chapter on the Fantastic Folded Cards & Boxes DVD.
- For the packet: Use the pattern to trace and cut a packet from dark purple cardstock. Score on the dashed lines and cut on the solid lines at the bottom. Fold all the scores in mountain folds.
- Cut two large triangles from Fancy Feathers purple textured paper and glue centered on the center panel, front and back. Cut two of each small triangle from Fancy Feathers teal swirls paper and glue centered on the side panels, front and back.
- Add tape to the side flap, then attach it to the inside along the opposite side, aligning the score lines. Fold the bottom flaps in and secure with tape. Die cut a small lacy doily from lilac cardstock and the small mat from medium purple cardstock. Glue the doily to the mat, then stamp “for you” and two small butterflies on the right end. Glue to the front center panel.
- Wrap ribbon around the packet, 2½" from the bottom and knot the ends on the front, 1½" from the right edge. Place a 2⅝" Dazzles™ heart on medium purple cardstock and a 1⅛" heart on dark purple cardstock. Cut along the edges of both, then glue the large heart to the front as shown. Foam tape the small heart to the center of the large heart.
- Place a 1⅛" heart Dazzles™ at the lower right, tucked behind the doily mat. Cut two 3⅞" Dazzles™ borders and place on the upper flaps, one on the front and one on the back, both near the horizontal score line. Place pearls on the packet as shown. Open the packet by gently squeezing the sides inward, insert your gift, then release the pressure on the sides to close the packet.