Designer's Tip: Find more examples of Cascading Cards in the 3-D Cards chapter on the Fantastic Folded Cards & Boxes DVD.
- For the card: Cut two 12"x5½" black cardstock pieces. On one piece, measure 2½" down from the upper left corner and mark it. Cut off the upper portion from that mark to the upper right corner. Repeat for the second cardstock piece. Place a cardstock piece horizontally and score vertically 2", 4", 6", 8", and 10" from the left end. Repeat with the second piece.
- On one piece, measure 2¾" down from the top on the wide end and mark it. Measure 1¼" down from the top on the narrow end and mark it. Use a ruler to draw a line between the two. Repeat on the other piece. On one piece, begin at the upper angled edge and cut on the 2" score line just to the center drawn line. Cut on the 6" and the 10" scores to the line.
- On the second piece, cut up from the bottom straight edge on the 2", 6", and 10" score lines, stopping at the line. Insert the 2" cuts of both pieces together, then insert the 6" and 10" cuts together. Gently crease the uncut score lines as you flatten the card.
- For the front: Use the pattern to cut a front panel from Red Velvet striped paper and glue centered on the front. Die cut a 3¼" heart from red cardstock and place the “love” heart Dazzles™ in the center. Glue as shown.
- Cut a “U” from Red Velvet red text paper and mat on black cardstock with 1/32" borders. Foam tape at the lower right as shown. Knot the ribbon, trim the ends and glue to the U. Place the heart charm front and back together, then glue below the ribbon.
- For the second set of panels: Cut two small paper patterns from Red Velvet red dotted paper, flipping the pattern over before cutting the second piece. Glue to the second set of panels on the card. Place the Dazzles™ shown on red cardstock, cut out, then glue along the upper edges as shown.
- For the third set of panels: Cut two medium paper patterns from Red Velvet tan floral paper, flipping the pattern over before cutting the second piece. Glue to the second set of panels. Place Dazzles™ shown on the appropriate papers and cardstock and cut out. Glue to the inner edges of the panels in front of the second set of panels as shown.
- For the back panels: Cut two large paper patterns from Red Velvet red tapestry paper, flipping the pattern over before cutting the second piece. Glue to the last set of panels. Cut 4"x6½" red cardstock and 3⅞"x3" Red Velvet red/tan houndstooth paper. Glue the paper to the cardstock, centered near the upper top. Glue the cardstock to the card back, with the patterned paper facing forward.
- Die cut a 3¼" heart from red cardstock and place “be my sweetie pie” in the upper center. Glue to the inner edges of the panels in front of the last set of panels, gluing just to the right panel. Place the bird on Red Velvet red text paper, cut out, and glue to the heart top at the upper left. Place the hanging heart Dazzles™ on the back panel, then place all the jewel Dazzles™ as shown.
Click here for the Inspired saver!