Designer's Tip: Find more examples of Double-Fold Pop-Out cards in the Movable Parts chapter on the Fantastic Folded Cards & Boxes DVD.
- For the card front: Cut 4⅞"x6⅜" Butterfly Garden blue/green tiles paper and glue centered on the front of one card. Cut 3¼"x4½" Butterfly Garden yellow tiles paper and glue centered on the front.
- Punch out the Butterfly Garden green lace border and remove the nibs. Cut a 5" length and wrap the ribbon across it near the upper edge, gluing the ends to the back. Glue the border to the front, ½" from the bottom. Cut out the “sending warm wishes…” banner and trim to 2⅛" long. Glue to the upper right corner as shown.
- Stamp the 2" and 1⅛" butterflies on Butterfly Garden teal tiles paper and cut each out. Punch out the die cuts shown and remove the nibs. Stamp “what a happy day” on the label, then foam tape to the front, 1¼" from the bottom. Foam tape the remaining die cuts to the front as shown. Glue the stamped butterflies to the front, tucking foam tape under the wings of the larger butterflies.
- For the insert: Cut the second card to 4¾"x6". Trace the lines from the insert pattern onto the card, then cut on the solid lines and score the dashed lines. Fold the scores as the pattern directs, then unfold.
- Cut two paper patterns from Butterfly Gardens yellow/teal floral paper and glue to the outer panels. Cut four 1⅝"x1⅜" Butterfly Gardens green dotted papers and glue to the upper and lower center panels. Cut two 2⅜"x2⅞" Butterfly Gardens yellow tiles papers and glue to the center panels.
- Turn the inset over and place tape just along the edges of the two end sections, leaving the center sections free. Fold the insert, creasing all the score lines the appropriate directions, and remove the tape backing from one end. Place on the card inside, ½" from the right edge, and press in place. Keeping the insert folded, remove the tape backing from the remaining end, then carefully close the card and press in place.
- Open the card. Cut out the Butterfly Gardens “happy birthday” and “celebrate” sentiments and glue to the center panels as shown. Stamp the 2" butterfly on teal and yellow tiles papers and cut out. Stamp a 1¼" and a 1⅛" butterfly on teal tiles paper and cut out. Glue as shown, tucking foam tape under the large butterflies’ wings. Punch out the flower and leaf die cuts, remove the nibs, and glue as shown.