Designer's Tip: Find more examples of Twist-Lock Cards in the Shakers, Spinners, & Swingers Chapter of the Moveable Parts DVD.
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left and cover the front with cardstock. Cut 4¾"x6¼" White Truffle black tapestry paper and 4¾"x2½" White Truffle tan houndstooth paper. Glue the tan paper to the tapestry paper, 1¼" from the top, then glue the tapestry paper centered on the front.
- Measure and draw a 1⅛" square on the front in the lower right corner, ¼" from the bottom and right edges. Open the card and place it on the cutting mat. Use the knife and ruler to cut out the square. Place narrow Dazzles™ borders around the edges of the window, then place a wider border across the center, the upper, and the lower edges of the tan paper.
- Punch out a White Truffle diamond die cut and remove the nibs. Mat on suede paper with 1/32" borders, then foam tape to the center of the tan paper. Place a large sparklet in the diamond center. Place a 2⅞" and 1¼" Dazzles™ butterfly on suede paper and cut around the edges. Glue the bodies to the diamond as shown and place foam tape under the wings. Place a small sparklet on each butterfly.
- For the inside: Trace the template and cut a Victorian cutaway from White Truffle plaid paper, trimming off the long straight edge to make it 3½" wide. Mat the curving edge on cardstock with a 1/16" border. Place a Dazzles™ border along the right edge and one 2" from the right edge, trimming it to fit the paper. Place the paper on the inside, close the card, and draw the window onto the plaid paper. Remove the paper, mark the square center, and punch a 1/16" hole.
- Cut a 1" square from White Truffle tan tapestry paper and mat on cardstock with 1/16" borders. Punch out the ⅞" die cut decoration and glue centered on the square, then punch a 1/16" hole through the center. Punch five ¾" circles from cardstock, punch a 1/16" hole in the center of each, then stack and glue them together. Insert the brad through the square, the stack of circles, then through the plaid paper, and secure. Glue the paper to the inside as shown, then test the square to make sure it fits through the window and turns when the card is closed .
- Use the template to trace and cut an exquisite label from White Truffle tan tapestry paper. Stamp “friend to friend” and “heart to heart” on the label as shown. Mat on cardstock with 1/16" borders, then on suede paper with 1/32" borders. Glue centered on the inside. Place 1½" and ⅝" butterflies on suede paper, cut out, and glue as shown. Place a tiny Dazzles™ butterfly and small sparklet as shown. Close the card and twist the square to lock it.