Designer's Tip: Find more examples of Telescoping Cards in the Pull-Ups Chapter of the Moveable Parts DVD.
- For the card: Die cut 4½", 3½", and 2¾" lace circles from red cardstock. Die cut 3¾" and 2¼" circle from Home Grown yellow paper and a 3" circle from Home Grown red checks paper. Cut 3⅝"x1¼" Home Grown striped paper and glue across one edge of the large yellow circle. Cut off the excess, then glue the circle centered on the large lace circle.
- Die cut a 1½" circle from ivory cardstock. Stamp “happy birthday” with Brown on it and a swirl in Red under it. Glue as shown. Back the large Dazzles™ house with cardstock, backing the floral section with Home Grown small ads paper. Cut around the edges, then glue to the large circle near the left edge. Back the 1¼" bird and tiny flower Dazzles™ with Home Grown small ads paper, cut out, and glue as shown.
- Cut 2⅞"x1" Home Grown striped paper and glue along one side of the red checks circle, then trim the excess. Glue the circle centered on the 3½" lace circle. Trim the Dazzles™ birdhouse on a post to 2⅛", then back it with cardstock and Home Grown small ads paper as before. Glue to the checked circle near the left edge.
- Place Dazzles™ fence across one side of the small yellow circle and trim the excess. Glue the circle centered on the small lace circle. Back a ⅞" birdhouse Dazzles™ with red cardstock, trim the edges, and glue above the fence. Back a ⅞" bird with Home Grown small ads paper, trim, and glue as shown.
- Place the large circle face up, but with the design upside down. Center the medium circle face up on it, with the design right side up. Hold together and punch a hole through all layers near the lower edge of the medium circle. Insert a brad and flatten the prongs. Test by swinging the layers away from each other—both designs should be right side up when telescoped out.
- With the medium circle still extended, place it with the design upside down. Center the small circle face up and right side up on the medium circle. Hold together and punch a hole near the lower edge of the small circle. Insert a brad through the layers and secure. Test the card by swinging the circles outward from each other. All three designs should “read” right side up when telescoped out. Place the sentiment Dazzles™ on the center circle. Fold the ribbon in half and attach it to the small circle at the top.