Designer's Tip: Find more examples of Moving Pop-Up Cards in the Pop-Ups Chapter of the Moveable Parts DVD.
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold at the top and trim to 5"x5". Cover the front with Rosemary & Thyme blue/green diamonds paper. Cut 1"x5" Rosemary & Thyme turquoise paper and glue to the front along the left edge. Use the pattern to transfer the scoring and cutting lines to the card. Open the card and place on the cutting mat, then use the knife to cut the solid lines. Score the dotted lines.
- Fold the cut section on the front to the inside. Cut 2¼"x2¼" Rosemary & Thyme green textured paper and stamp “it takes a long time…" on it. Glue to the cut section. Place Dazzles™ borders along the edges. Place a border Dazzles™ across the front, 1" from the bottom. Punch out the papier tole pieces for the 4¼"x2" motif and follow the directions to assemble, skipping #3 and placing foam tape between the layers. Glue to the front as shown.
- Use the tool kit to trace and cut the left half of a Victorian label from Rosemary & Thyme green/blue circles paper. Mat on green cardstock with 1/32" borders. Insert a brad in the end, then glue the label to the front at the bottom right as shown. Punch out the two extra art hearts. Glue the pink heart and foam tape the green heart to the label.
- For the inside: Cut 5"x4¼" Rosemary & Thyme yellow diamonds paper and glue to the inside, tucking it under the cut section. Cut 5"x¾" Rosemary & Thyme green/blue circles paper, fold the cut section down, and glue the strip next to the center fold. Use the tool kit to trace and cut a 5"x1¾" section of the Victorian cutaway from Rosemary & Thyme green dots paper, using just the center of the shaped edge. Glue to the inside along the lower edge.
- Use the tool kit to trace and cut the right 2½" of the Victorian label from Rosemary & Thyme yellow tapestry paper. Mat on green cardstock with 1/32" borders, then stamp “we’ll be friends forever” on it. Insert a brad in the right end and glue at the lower left as shown. Place a Dazzles™ border from the brad across the inside.
- Place tape just on the end of the inside cut pop-up mechanism, then carefully close the card, pressing the front cut section onto the tape. Open and close the card several times to test the mechanism. Cover the card back with white cardstock.