Designer's Tip: Find more examples of Moving Pop-Up Cards in the Pop-Ups Chapter of the Moveable Parts DVD.
- For the card: Cut 7½"x6" blue cardstock and score vertically in the center. Fold to make the card base. Trace the inner card & window pattern and cut from blue cardstock. Score on the dotted lines and cut out the window. Fold all the score lines in valley folds. Trace and cut the pop-out base from blue cardstock and score on the lines. Fold all the lines in mountain folds. Set aside the inner card and pop-out base.
- For the front: Cut 3½"x5¾" Lemonade Stand circles paper. Use the tool kit to trace and cut a vintage cutaway from Lemonade Stand green floral paper, trimming the straight edge to make it 2¾" wide. Mat the curving edge on white cardstock with a 1/16" border, then glue to the circles paper, aligning the left edges. Trace and cut half of the vintage sign from Lemonade Stand blue floral paper, then trim the long straight edge to make it 1¾" wide. Mat the shaped edge on white cardstock with 1/16" borders, then glue to the green paper as shown.
- Place a Dazzles™ border along the left edge of the blue floral paper, then mat the entire constructed front on white cardstock and glue centered on the card front. Cut out “just a note” greeting and glue to the front at the lower right. Back the Dazzles™ doily and 1¼" butterfly on blue cardstock and trim around the edges. Foam tape the doily ¾" from the top edge and the butterfly over the greeting.
- Punch out the 1½" red butterfly and ¾" tan butterfly die cuts and trim the nibs. Foam tape to the front as shown. Tie a thread bow and glue to the red butterfly’s body, then place pearls as shown.
- For the inside: Cut two 2"x5⅞" Lemonade Stand blue circles papers and glue one to the inner card piece, placing the right edge along the window’s left edge. Glue the other paper along the window’s right edge. Use tape to secure the inner card’s side tabs to the card base, aligning the side edges.
- Cut two 1⅝"x2⅝" Lemonade Stand yellow papers. Stamp “you are my favorite” near the bottom of one, then glue it centered on the left panel of the pop-out base. Glue the second yellow paper centered on the right panel.
- Place tape along the pop-out’s side tabs. Remove the backing from the tape on the right tab. Fold the pop-out in the center, then place it on the inside back with the fold centered ⅛" from the right card edge and the sticky tab against the card base (through the window). Press the tab to secure. Remove the backing from the tape on the remaining tab and, keeping the pop-out folded, carefully close the card. Press to secure the pop-out.
- Punch out the die cuts used on the inside and remove the nibs. Glue the die cuts on the blue panels and pop-out as shown. Place the Dazzles™ and pearls as shown.
Click here for the Spark saver!