Designer's Tip: Find more examples of Pull-Up Window Cards in the Pull-Ups Chapter of the Moveable Parts DVD.
Technique: Masking off part of a stamp
To use just part of a stamp’s design, mask off the part you don’t want with sticky cellophane tape (not the invisible kind, but the shiny style). After placing the stamp on the acrylic block, place tape over the unwanted section, leaving just the part you want to transfer exposed. Ink the stamp as usual, remove the tape, and stamp the design.
- For the card & front: Trace the card base and slider patterns and cut from cardstock. For the card base, score on the dotted lines and cut out the window. Fold the left end over the center panel—this is the card front. Cut 3½"x5¼" Happy Days orange paper and glue centered on the front. Trace the banner pattern and cut from Happy Days herringbone paper, then mat on cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue to the front, extending down the center from the top.
- Place one silver and two gold border Dazzles™ on the banner as shown. Punch out the papier tole pieces for the blue/orange label and follow the directions to assemble the first two layers with foam tape. Mask the “friend to friend” stamp (see above) and stamp the bold “friend” on piece #3 in Black, then foam tape it to the label. Glue as shown and place circle Dazzles™ on the label ends.
- For the inside: Cut 3"x3" Happy Days yellow paper and glue centered on the center panel. Fold the third panel over the center panel and lightly mark the window area onto the yellow paper. Open the panel and stamp “because you know…” centered in the marked area. Erase the marks. Cut 3⅜"x5¼" Happy Days light blue paper. Cut a 3-strip wide and 3⅜" long section of Happy Days zigzag paper. Glue to the blue paper, ⅛" from the bottom. Fold the third panel in over the center panel, then glue the light blue paper centered on the third panel. Open it to cut out the window.
- Cover the slider with Happy Days green textured paper, then round the upper corners of the handle. Punch a ⅛" hole in the center top and attach the ribbon to it. Place the slider behind the window with the top edges even. Mark the window area, remove the slider, and stamp “we’ll be friends forever” in Black with three Red hearts under it, centered in the marked area. Erase the marks.
- Fold all the tabs on the third panel under, then insert the slider behind the window and tuck it inside the side flap. Secure the side and top flaps to the center panel with tape, then test the slider to make sure it works. Wrap the bottom flap to the card back and secure with tape. Decorate the inside with Dazzles™ as shown.