Technique: Masking off part of a stamp
To use just part of a stamp’s design, mask off the part you don’t want with sticky cellophane tape (not the invisible kind, but the shiny style). After placing the stamp on the acrylic block, place tape over the unwanted section, leaving just the part you want to transfer exposed. Ink the stamp as usual, remove the tape, and stamp the design.
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left. Cut 4¾"x6¼" Painted Flowers lavender paper and glue centered on the front. Cut 4¾"x1⅞" Painted Flowers green paper and mat the long edges on purple cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue to the front, 2" from the top.
- Following the manufacturer’s directions, die cut the 1⅜" wide border from white cardstock, then cut in half lengthwise. Cut both sections to 4¾" long, then glue one above and one below the green strip as shown. Trace the tag pattern and cut from purple cardstock, then mat on white cardstock with 1/32" borders. Punch a hole at the top and thread with ribbon. Tie the ribbon ends together with embroidery thread, then glue the tag to the front, angled as shown.
- Die cut a doily from white cardstock and glue extending off the tag’s right edge. Trace bracket label F from the template and cut from white cardstock. Follow the directions above to mask the stamp so just “good friends” will stamp onto the label in Maroon ink. Mat the label on purple cardstock with 1/32" borders, then glue as shown.
- Stamp the following flowers on white cardstock: one 2⅛" Berrylicious flower, one 2" Blackberry flower, and one 1¼" Maroon flower. Stamp five green leaves on white cardstock, then cut out all the stamped images, leaving a narrow white edge on each. Glue and foam tape the pieces as shown, using two layers of foam tape behind the Berrylicious flower.
- For the inside: Cut 4⅞"x3" Painted Flowers blue paper and mat the long edges on purple cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue centered on the inside. Die cut a white cardstock doily and glue to the upper left as shown.
- Use the template to trace and cut bracket label A twice from Painted Flowers lavender paper. Stamp “good friends are…” with Maroon ink on one and “you don’t always…” in Blackberry ink on the second, then stamp Maroon stars around both. Mat each label on white cardstock with 1/32" borders. Stamp the flowers and three leaves as for the front. Cut out as before, then glue the flowers, leaves, and labels as shown.