- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left. Cut 4¾"x6¼" Penelope green paper and glue centered on the front. Cut 4¾"x4⅞" Penelope striped paper and cut the scalloped edge of the bottom stripe. Glue to the front aligning the top and side edges with the green paper. Cut a 4¾" doily border, then trim it to 1½" wide. Glue to the front, ¼" from the top.
- Punch a scalloped edge in white cardstock, then trim to 4¾"x⅝". Cut 4¾"x⅜" Penelope pink dots paper and glue to the scalloped border. Cut 11" of rick rack and tie a bow in one end. Glue the bow to the border, ⅞" from the right end, then glue the long rick rack end across the border and under the left end. Glue the border to the front, ½" from the bottom.
- Punch out the papier tole embroidery hoop pieces and follow the directions to assemble, placing foam tape between the layers. Glue to the front, ⅞" from the top, with the screw at the upper left. Loop and glue 4" of rick rack as shown. Use tape to secure the ⅝" button on top, then tie a bow with two lengths of thread and glue to the button center. Punch out the green extra art heart and foam tape over the bow center. Tape the 7/16" button to the heart, then knot two threads together, trim, and glue to the button.
- For the inside: Cut 4⅞"x6⅛" pink cardstock and glue centered on the inside. Cut 4½"x5¾" Penelope floral paper and mat on white cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue centered on the pink. Cut 4½"x3¼" Penelope green paper. Punch scallop edges in two 4¾" long cardstock pieces, then trim to ¾" wide. Glue as mats on the green paper’s long edges.
- Stamp “it’s nice to have…” on the green paper in the upper right corner and “happy birthday” at the lower right. Glue centered on the floral paper. Cut a 6½" doily border, trim to 1½" wide, and glue near the fold. Punch out #3 and #5 papier tole pieces for the flower cluster image. Glue #3 overlapping the border and foam tape #5 on top. Knot 3" of rick rack and glue as shown. Thread the ½" button with thread and tape between the sentiments.