- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left. Cut 4¾"x6¼" Pretty Little Posies blue tapestry paper and glue centered on the front, making sure the center area is glued, too. Place the template on the front and trace the bird, then open the card and cut it out. Place the opened card face down on the iris-folding pattern, positioning the pattern center in the body center. Secure with stencil tape.
- Follow the template directions to cut strips, fold them, and place on the opening, using household tape to secure the ends. I used tan/red paper for a, green/blue paper for b, blue tiles paper for c, orange paper for d, tan paper for e, and red net paper for f. When finished, remove the stencil tape, then trim off any excess strips and tape along the edges. Cut 1½"x1½" Pretty Little Posies blue floral paper and tape face down to cover the center opening.
- Trace and cut the bird’s tail from Pretty Little Posies blue floral paper, the beak from yellow cardstock, the branch from tan/red paper and eight leaves from green paper. Glue as shown, then draw dot/dash borders around all the pieces, using turquoise around the bird, green around the leaves, and brown around the branch. Draw the eye with the black pen.
- Trace 1¼" of the tag top from the Design Tool Kit onto Pretty Little Posies ivory lace paper and cut out. Turn upside down and stamp “hello there” as shown. Mat the curved edges on brown cardstock with 1/16" borders, then glue to the upper edge ⅞" from the fold. Cut a 4" ribbon, knot, and glue to the tag.
- For the inside: Cover the inside front with Pretty Little Posies tan paper. Trace and cut the tag from Pretty Little Posies lace paper again, just using 1⅜" of the top. Turn and stamp “fluttering by…” then draw a dot/dash border along the curved edges with the brown pen. Glue to the inside front, along the top edge ⅝" from the fold. Knot the remaining ribbon and glue to the tag.
- Cover the inside back with Pretty Little Posies border paper, placing the border along the bottom. Trace and cut a bird from Pretty Little Posies red lace paper, a beak from yellow cardstock, a tail from red net paper and a second tail from blue floral paper. Glue the pieces as shown, gluing the blue tail as a wing. Draw the eye and borders with the black pen.