Designer Tips: Additional pull-up surprise cards can be found on the Folded & Fabulous DVD (link) in Chapter 6, Pull-Up & Pop-Up Cards.
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left and trim to 5"x5¾". Open and trim ¾" from the back right edge. Score the front ¾" from the right edge and fold under. Glue this tab to the inside along the right edge. Cut Chocolate-Dipped floral paper to cover the front, but don't glue yet. Cut 1¼"x5¾" Chocolate-Dipped blue paper and mat the right long side on cardstock with a ⅛" wide border. Glue to the floral paper, aligning the left edges. Punch a daisy strip and glue centered on the blue paper. Glue to the front, leaving the upper half unglued.
- Stamp “for someone special” on the Chocolate-Dipped green/blue label and punch a hole in each end. Cut two 4" lengths of ½" ribbon and knot the center of each. Thread the ribbons, front to back in the holes, then foam tape the label to the paper, 1" from the upper edge. Glue the ribbon ends to the back, then finish gluing the paper to the card front. Stamp “surprise” on the small tan tag and attach a 4" length of ½" ribbon. Foam tape near the bottom. Glue the remaining Chocolate-Dipped die cuts and place the Dazzles™ as shown. Cut a 1" length of ½" ribbon to ¼" wide and thread through the button holes. Glue the ends on the back, then glue the button to the flower as shown.
- Finishing: Punch a hole through all layers at the center top, ⅜" from the upper edge. Thread the wide ribbon through both holes and center it. Insert the cocoa packet between the card layers. Push it down inside the card, pushing the ribbon at the same time, while keeping the ribbon ends even. Tie a bow on the front. To remove the packet, untie the bow and pull up the ribbons.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Chocolate-Dipped Artful Card Kit (link)
- Brown cardstock (link)
- Teal Jewel Dazzles™ (link)
- 18" of ½" wide brown sheer ribbon
- 22" of ⅞" wide brown sheer ribbon
- Birthday Greetings stamp set (link)
- StazOn® Timber Brown ink pad (link)
- 3½"x5½" envelope of hot chocolate
- ½" red button (link)
- Daisy Strip Geared punch (link)
- ⅛" hole punch (link)
- Scoring tool 4002731
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & matching envelope (link)